Notices

Emotional relapse

Old 04-07-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Emotional relapse

Yesterday was awful. I felt like I had lost my patience and calmness. I allowed it to begin when my husband was salty with me on Saturday and continued thru Sunday. I did nothing to provoke it, I didn't cause it, but yet I had to deal with it. And I reacted to it. In a less than acceptable way. I was a straight up aggravated, sharp tongued beast. I felt awful. Physically and mentally. I felt the same way I have before, but I didn't end up at the liquor store. And I didn't try to drink him away. I ended up at a meeting and realized how ridiculous my little insignificant problems are compared to some of my fellow aa people.

I'm just saying that although I didn't drink, the last two days felt dry, not sober. Here's to hoping today I can get back to sobriety-- emotionally speaking.

Today is a new day! Day 10!
Old 04-07-2014, 04:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi ontherightpath - welcome to the forum! It's an excellent place for support, information, and "meeting" people who understand.

Congrats on 10 days of sobriety! And great job pulling through a difficult day without drinking. Your mental states will get more even as you continue to stay sober.

Is your husband supportive of your recovery? I suggest that if you feel very emotional again, come here and post away.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks h. Been around here for quite a while!

Ahhh, the million dollar question--- is he supportive? I would say yes, as long as he doesn't have to put forth any work. I'm not in a place to answer for him, I have been down this sobriety road before and it always puts a wedge between us, I trying so hard to push thru and remain happy. I am happy about getting sober.

At the end of the day, i am doing this for me.

Thanks again for your encouragement
Old 04-07-2014, 04:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The fact that you recognise that you're doing this for you is really important. Getting sober does require a fair bit of self-centredness but it's not selfishness.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

and this to me is what its ALL about.
Just trying to stay centred and unselfish is the trick now.
We dont need booze to feel off base.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Being sober doesn’t mean we have to let people walk over us or step on our toes.
We are allowed to get aggravated your know, even pissed.

Anger is an emotion that we need to recognize and accept, it is part of being human. Controlling it without booze takes practice and time.

my 20 cents ;-)
Old 04-07-2014, 05:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

We all feel annoyed at times, we are only human, and as Pat says, we have a right to a little respect. It'll pass, just count to ten xxxxx
Old 04-07-2014, 02:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope this week is better for you ontherightpath

D
Old 04-07-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you, today I got to be the customer in a hair salon.... (I am a stylist and had to go to a different salon because the service I got is not something we so in our shop) anyways, my stylist told me about her husbands alcoholism and I told her some of my story. I know her husband and she suggested I kind of reach out to him. So I did. I feel better when I get to help others. Even if it's just so they know they aren't alone.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

To me that sounds like another step along your journey - it could really help you as well as him