Notices

Last week today started a 24hr Drunk

Old 03-22-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Last week today started a 24hr Drunk

A week ago today of after another period of time attempt of seemingly successful intake management, I had to wake up way too early and took my wife to the airport. I came home and had a glass to help me go back to sleep. We all know how that ended. It lasted 24 hours and was disgusted with myself.

I had one glass of wine on St. Patrick's day to ease the shakes and Anxiety. That day evening, still disgusted with myself and depressed , I signed up here, made my first post and publicly committed to my first 24. Thank you all for your support.

Today I am wasting time here in bed online but it is by choice. I will get up and be productive today because there is clarity to do so. Thank You all again.

I'd like to share my favorite excerpt from a book. Been quoting it for years about life's challenges but only today did I allow it to relate to Alcoholism.

“Superstitions, Bigotries, hypocrisies, prejudices, these phantoms, phantoms though they be, are tenacious of life; they have teeth and nails in their shadowy substance, and we must grapple with them, body to body, and make war upon them and that, too, without cessation; for it is one of the fatalities of humanity to be condemned to eternal struggle with phantoms. A shadow is hard to seize by the throat and dash upon the ground.”

Victor Hugo, “LES MISERABLES”