Notices

How to stop being angry

Old 12-02-2015, 01:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Summerhaze1 View Post
Hi!
I'm brand new to the group and looking for advise. I am 32 days sober and find myself feeling very depressed and angry. I can't seem to shake the immense irritation I feel when I think about never having another drink.

I keep trying to convince myself that after a while I'll be able to drink again and control it. However I know this is complete BS!

Still having trouble saying I'm an alcoholic.
I am what, 7 weeks in now? I have this, I can't wait until I have another drink, I am telling myself I can drink in moderation again soon... Although history has proven me wong again and again.

Mostly it is the sensation that it is unfair I cannot drink when others can. I feel so normal when I am sober

Have to stay sober now though for a number of reasons, but I feel I will definitely pick up the bottle down the line, with whatever consequences... I don't really care atm.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe that lack of self care is part of a wider issue Starlight?

D
Old 12-02-2015, 02:40 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Maybe that lack of self care is part of a wider issue Starlight?

D
Well spotted Dee. I'm 3 years sober, and still find myself being angry all the time at work. Before I blamed that on my drinking, then my divorce, then my colleagues, etc... About time I stop using excuses and look in the mirror.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Starlight,
Is there something happening in your life right now to make you feel this way? Or, is it like Dee said, wider issues? Or both perhaps?
Old 12-02-2015, 03:04 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think a lot of us have had to move beyond the just not drinking thing to be happy Starlight. It's a long journey but incredibly worthwhile IMO.

We're here for you - wishing you the best

D
Old 12-02-2015, 03:38 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
Hi Starlight,
Is there something happening in your life right now to make you feel this way? Or, is it like Dee said, wider issues? Or both perhaps?
Not sure to be honest. Well there are a lot of things happening for sure, divorce being a major thing. But I always felt angry and alienated, with or without the booze.

So yes, there are 'wider issues' ... drinking seems to make the world alright, momentarily at least. But it's nice to be sober, it's not that. Life just gets bland. I am at a point where something needs to happen in my life, some big shifts, something new... it takes time, I know.

Patience was never a friend of mine either
Old 12-02-2015, 03:50 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Life was bland for me when I quit because I was still trying the live the same drinking life I was used to...just without booze.

Embracing change was pretty vital for me in building a sober life I loved.

D