Notices

Anyone else fighting addiction with no friends for help?

Old 03-17-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Arryckha I know how u feel . it was crap realising that I didn't have any true friends. I also have fun with my dog, who has ben as loyal as anyone ever, I just wish I had that special someone to spend time with.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

That will come in time. I want to worry about myself for a while. Get my life back on track. Things will fall in line from there.

It sucks, I know. But it will get better.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I lost a lot of my friends during my collapse into alcoholism, and when I got out of treatment I was so ashamed that I didn't even bother to go see my old friends. I still struggle with that, and I'm trying to get over it...

Many of us understand Bradley, you're not alone out there. It's pretty tough because the anxiety and confusion surrounding sobriety often makes it difficult to engage in social activities...especially as the "new guy". Myself, I decided to travel a lot, I took some solo holidays and really enjoyed them. I met some great folks, enjoyed getting comfortable in my new skin, and even made some lifelong friends.

You'll get there. Do what feels right - but also remember that you will have to get off that couch and get out there. It will be tough, but you'll feel so much better once you get involved with the rest of the world again!