Notices

Cheers for now (BUT I'LL BE BACK)

Old 03-22-2014, 02:55 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Bruce AND Sparkos!

The travellers return, safe and sober. Great to hear from both of you, welcome back! You both put a lot of thought and mental preparation into what you were undertaking, and it worked. I've learned from that so thank-you. Have a great sober weekend! x
Old 03-22-2014, 04:17 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks Chilledice,

Sorry that you've been through the mill a bit. Strength, China, everyone here is rooting for you!!

Maybe come with me next time and we can watch the crushed caps getting hurled around the tables. That was an eye-opener for me, this "see how much I can drink" testosterone and booze-fuelled nonsense.

Thinking of you and your recovery every minute of the day.

Be gentle with yourself, Friend. There is a saying in Afrikaans roughly translated as "go slowly round the corners on gravel roads".

B.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:25 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Well done Bruce! Good to see you back.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hello Sparkos!

Thank you so much for your kind words and anticipation of my sober return. It really means a lot to me!

Welcome home sober too, and I'm glad that I could help with sharing some ideas I had. Some of them seem a bit off-the-wall at the time, but any port in a storm?

Wouldn't it be great if we could meet up on a site one day? That would be fantastic.

I think the preparation part is also a mind-thing. Maybe subconsciously something in the back of my mind is saying "hey, you've done all this prep-work, don't screw it up now"?

All the best my friend and well done again on your fantastic efforts. An inspiration!

Bruce.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hello, Shoshie,

Thank you for your warm welcome back, greatly appreciated. I kindof feel I've really come home to my family. Internet connectivity was strangely pretty patchy there and I was working most of the time but dying to get onto SR just to say Howzit!

Yep the Traveling Wilburys have returned safe and sound. It's great to have Sparkos here as he's been through very similar circumstances and he's got the experience of what it's like and the pressure applied sometimes.

The sight of those full whisky bottles being dished out like lollipops just had my jaw hanging open. But we both got off the crocodile's back. I look at that diary now about the experiences and just smile to myself.

I made it with ALL you guy's help.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

All the best,

Bruce.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thank you L4H, really much appreciated.

It's overwhelming that there are people who are so committed to helping each other and keeping sober.

Thank you again,

Bruce.