Notices

How sober can I get? Weekender thread! March 7 - 9!

Old 03-06-2014, 10:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

I'm in! Starting tonight (Thursday) myself too
Old 03-06-2014, 11:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey y'all friday morning here in the fab UK .

Gonna be a warm week ahead New job to go to , Mex -m8 is getting sorted .. so everything full steam ahead .

Have done the paperwork i was procrastinating over , sorted my savings out , got a big pile of old things to take down the tip/recycling centre .

I still have more stuff in the hall that i need to sort through and a few large boxes of paperwork … i guess i don't need my bank statements from 1992 anymore . Here in the UK we don't need to submit tax returns if we're employees and don't have sophisticated investments , it's all taken out of your paycheque before you get it .. so you don't need to retain receipts or statements .

Old clutter bug procrastinator here likes to keep it as it "might come in handy one day"
It's going … time to bring the spirit of sobriety into more areas of my life ,

off for coffee now ,

bestwishes, m
Old 03-06-2014, 11:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
.... My eyesight has gotten better. I can see more detail now that I am not perpetually dehydrated. Love that!
Holy crap I was thinking about that today! My one eye use to twitch all the time.

Yes I am also in for another weekend. Sober, sober and more sober.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Lovely post Weasel, thankyou. I too am looking forward to another peaceful, sober weekend. I'll spend most of it working but the peace will be there because that's what I feel now I'm not fighting the demon any more. I want that feeling to last forever.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:12 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Officially Friday here! In in ladies and gentlemen
Old 03-07-2014, 01:07 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Another Friday morning, another cup of coffee and another Sober Weekend to look forward to!!

I'm working Sat, so early to bed tonight, gotta get my plan sorted for Sat and Sun though!! . . . 6 Nations Rugby is back on this week so that will probably feature at some stage!!

Lets do this!!
Old 03-07-2014, 02:36 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Holy Moly, I didn't even make page1!

Dude, I am TOTALLY sober. I started not drinking a while ago, and I am 0 sheets to the wind already! I can't remember the last time I was this sober, and I am not done yet! I am gonna get even more sober all weekend long!

The funny thing about gorging on sobriety is I can never have enough to share.
Ain't that the truth? I feel exactly the same way.

About bacon.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:52 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Go for it law girl and sigint!!

Freefall.... I don't count days. I value what being sober has let me do to make my life different than what it was. And today it is very very different. I seem to enjoy my time and weekends more and more. So I thought back on what more meant to me. When I was doing a ton of crack... And I mean a ton... More was another glass pipe.

Today more is another day sober. So how do you get more of that?

I don't know. Seemed logical. I do computer work. Things need to be logical! Lol

Planning a massage first thing Sunday morning. I live on the third floor and on a hill so the rather large balcony I have seems higher and more private. It sits at the top of the tree line. So I plan on this warm Saturday to let my spring fever go a bit. Get some things like a rug so when it get warm enough I am ready.

Hope you are all doing well this Friday morning. I have to say the butterflies in my stomach over a Friday morning are still there. An excitement that used to be about drinking. It may still be but I won't let that happen.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:12 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Shockolulu... How are you doing this Friday morning? Did you stay sober Thursday? Have plans for the weekend?

Would love for you to stick around this thread and check in from time to time. See if this bunch can help you or at least entertain you a bit.

Be well!

Ken
Old 03-07-2014, 03:37 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm in. Thanks for the post Weasel. Have a great day all.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:38 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

TGIF! Great post. In my early sobriety I dreaded the weekends. Now, there's just not enough hours to do all I want, plus sleep late! Happy sober weekend!
Old 03-07-2014, 04:14 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi, gang! I'm in.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:35 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Another beautiful day in paradise. Work. Then a meeting at 7. Going to see about getting a haircut but I too am a procrastinator so may not get an appointment. I want to try a new place.

Mecanix, I am drowning in paper and paperwork too. I totally understand the thought of "maybe I'll need this someday." That and reams of the children's homework and class work. Recycle or shred. And donate the clothes I don't wear of which I always think what if I need it someday. I still fit into the same size I did 30 years ago so it adds up.

Time to roust sleepy heads out of bed and get the morning rolling!
Old 03-07-2014, 05:54 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Talking

See if this bunch can help you or at least entertain you a bit.
Ken are you trying to say we're all just a little bit crazy?!!

Old 03-07-2014, 05:57 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Good morning! I'm in for a sober weekend. Used to be that my weekend was completely planned for me. Get whatever errands done and start drinking ASAP. That was the schedule. Now it's so amazing that now the weekends seem limitless. I have nothing hanging over my head. Feels great!
Old 03-07-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hey SayAnything - Nothing hanging over your head and no hang over. That's a win win!
Old 03-07-2014, 06:18 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I'm in, it'll be my first sober one in I can't remember when.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:51 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Originally Posted by SayAnything View Post
Good morning! I'm in for a sober weekend. Used to be that my weekend was completely planned for me. Get whatever errands done and start drinking ASAP. That was the schedule. Now it's so amazing that now the weekends seem limitless. I have nothing hanging over my head. Feels great!
WoW say anything you remind me of how it was for me a bit … i used to take mum shopping at 7 pm on saturday , trying not to drink all saturday morning and afternoon was pure frustration and grouchiness desperately waiting to get home and start chugging it back . I'm so glad i'm free of that now , what a relief … thanks for reminding me how uptight i used to be .

Bestwishes, m
Old 03-07-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Purple.... Yes.

Jbass welcome to SR and welcome to the weekender thread. I remember my first sober weekend. It was an odd feeling to go to work Monday clear and not having to lie and make stuff up. Glad you joined us.

I did countless half weekends. A Friday here or a Saturday there. Sundays were the worst for me. If I got to Sunday and did not drink all weekend I needed to make up for it before Monday. Sick way to be.

K
Old 03-07-2014, 07:08 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Count me in as well.
This is going to be an easy and nice sober weekend. One very surprising thing took place today and that was a strongish craving for alcohol. Still not sure if it was a real craving or something that just came out of being in recovery and fully abstinent from nicotine for 10 days now too. It is related to nicotine.
But the thoughts were very familiar (thinking about some 'fun' that happened sometime in the past while drinking).. the craving passed. The weird thing is why do the cravings appear now at 8.5 months sober when none have been there for ages... a good question... which has lead me to a big theory about all drugs.

Have a nice sober weekend everyone.