Notices

Honest Question

Old 03-05-2014, 09:46 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I spent a lot of time on SR here in the early days.

I wanted to change my life - if there were threads or posts that triggered me I honestly didn't notice them.

Obviously we're all different but I think it's important to realise most of us are a little obsessive.

If we can longer obsess about drinking, we obsess about not drinking.

Sometimes we can even think ourselves out of some great support.

I think we're better to be in a safe place with others who understand, rather that left to our own devices out there, alone.

I hope that anyone who thinks SR might be a problem knows the door is always open if you find that it's not.

best wishes whichever way you go FTA.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:46 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I spent a lot of time on SR here in the early days.

I wanted to change my life - if there were threads or posts that triggered me I honestly didn't notice them.

Obviously we're all different but I think it's important to realise most of us are a little obsessive.

If we can longer obsess about drinking, we obsess about not drinking.

Sometimes we can even think ourselves out of some great support.

I think we're better to be in a safe place with others who understand, rather that left to our own devices out there, alone.

I hope that anyone who thinks SR might be a problem knows the door is always open if you find that it's not.

best wishes whichever way you go FTA.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your responses. I hope people didn't think I meant I am not happy with the community and spirit of support. Maybe some of the comments from relapsers are still hitting too close to home. Most of the time, I find comfort in the fact that I'm not alone in how I'm feeling, but then there has been the odd moment where I got a craving. I may have just been due for one.

Anyway, I have hit Day 30. Tomorrow my son comes home from UNC for Spring Break. It will be nice to spend time with him tomorrow evening without the daze of alcohol.

You guys will be the first to know.....the dog isn't having surgery! So, that is my gratitude statement for today.

Still tired and gloomy and not very motivated. Trying to make myself get his room ready with fresh sheets and blankets. His bathroom is spic and span with new rugs and a shower curtain. Hopefully he will know I'm happy to see him. It has been 2 months! I miss having my child home.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Yes!