Notices

well...

Old 03-03-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

well...

So february 12th was my sober date. I went 2 weeks without smoking weed and then reluctantly gave back in..I probably only had a few hits here and there, but still feel bad about it.

However, on a brighter note, I've remained alcohol free still. Almost to day 21. I'm experiencing tons of anxiety, I mean tons. I have no urge to drink at all right now so I'm relieved on that...

dunno, just thought I'd throw that out here since I haven't posted in like 10 days..maybe that had something to do with my slipup? I definitely have no support in real life, at least from people that understand what i'm dealing with.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by krete77 View Post
...dunno, just thought I'd throw that out here since I haven't posted in like 10 days..maybe that had something to do with my slipup? I definitely have no support in real life, at least from people that understand what i'm dealing with.
I say if you are going to join SR, use it.

When you say you reluctantly gave in, were you coerced into smoking? Or did you talk yourself into it?
Old 03-03-2014, 10:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

a long time friend asked and i just kinda gave in. i dont feel wicked bad about it but im convinced its not for me. been a 13 year on and off smoker.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by krete77 View Post
a long time friend asked and i just kinda gave in. i dont feel wicked bad about it but im convinced its not for me. been a 13 year on and off smoker.
Kinda gave in...I know that ploy. If someone asked me, I might resist once, twice, but I usually caved. Why? Because I wanted to be talked into smoking. It took the accountability away from me, or so I thought.

I found it best to stay away from my post smoking friends when I quit, at least for the first 6 months or so. Tell your friend of your intention to quit smoking and that you'd appreciate it if he didn't smoke in front of you, or offer it to you.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really had to watch the company I kept Krete.

Sitting around the table or the room, having the bong/blunt passed under your nose, the air literally thick with smoke...it's not a place for someone trying to quit to be.

For any reason.

I was lost even before I took that first toke, y'know?
D
Old 03-03-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
I found it best to stay away from my post smoking friends.
I guess I'm in between since I am a post reading but not a pot smoking friend . . . :-)