Notices

2 weeks today

Old 03-02-2014, 12:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 weeks today

I know its not much but for me 2 weeks is very good seeming i keep getting booze tempted to me by everyone in the house. the reason im bringing it up is ive found being sober is very lonely, I gave up my one friend to quit drinking and now I have no one, I don't get on with my family and now have no friends... is it really worth it, im miserable being sober
Old 03-02-2014, 12:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Paul

when I quit, the whole of my old life reviolved around drinking...I had to pretty much start again from scratch.

It's all about meeting new people, finding new things to do, finding interests and things that make you happy.

All of that is going to take a little time....and it's normal to wonder if this is what sobriety is like and will you be miserable for ever.

No this is not what sobriety is like - this is the transition period - and no, if you're doing it right you should definitely not be miserable

Things will get better

2 weeks is awesome - but give youself a little more time to build that new sober life

D
Old 03-02-2014, 12:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SeaScape

Hi
Two weeks is awesome!!
I am new and I struggle with that lonely feeling...its real and its awful...today I realized I really don't have any friends. I guess I need to go and make some( they don't sell them in stores unfortunately...that was my first mistake lol!).

I have faith that it WILL get better...folks with more recovery tell me it does!!
Old 03-02-2014, 01:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

xxxx
Old 03-02-2014, 07:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Two weeks is awesome!!!¡
Old 03-02-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Congrats on two weeks!

AA is a great way to meet sober friends. I had no friends when I got sober and had to start over from scratch. Now I have dozens of people who I consider very close friends and hang out with on a regular basis.

There are lots of nice, sober people out there. You just have to know where to find them.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You will continue to be miserable as long as you're not actively working on building a sober life. That means making changes, big changes. What are you willing to do to stay sober?