Notices

Strength

Old 02-20-2014, 11:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Strength

Please give me strength to get through the weekend sober...have officially become a "single parent" for payments and after dealing with paperwork and hubby and work all day I must say I'm feeling like a drink. We are meeting on Sunday to go through some guidelines for visitation for the kids and financial stuff etc and I know drinking won't help but omg...how the hell so I do this sober
Old 02-20-2014, 11:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You don't need a drink, it will just compound everything and reduces your ability to cope.
Don't drink & tomorrow you are going to wake up feeling like a million dollars instead of the feeling like crap.
Tell your AV to get lost and that you are not drinking and get something to eat or go for a walk..
Drinking sucks.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi darkfaith - I'm sorry for the stress and the tension, but notime is right - drinking is the last thing you need to do right now - you need to keep your wits about you and put your best foot forward.

Remember you have a forum full of support here...and the more things you deal with sober, the easier it will get

D
Old 02-21-2014, 12:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by darkfaith View Post
how the hell so I do this sober
One day at a time man, one day at a time. Sometimes one hour.

Take it easy and take things as they come and not one second before.

We are here so post away and get the support. You are not alone.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

I can't fix my messed up head with my messed up head! Thus I need to call my sponsor or network to hash it out & get it out of my head. My head is a bad neighbor hood is a bad place to hang out in. Remind yourself that this program is not just about not drinking, but me changing. My coping skills have dramatically changed coz of the tools I've been suggested to take
You can do it!!!! Say when you wake up "just for today I'm not going to drink" & repeat as needed
Old 02-21-2014, 12:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, the craving has passed for the time being, distracting myself trying to remind me why I wanted to be a mum in the first place by getting on my hands and knees and actually "playing" with my toddler (while sober!!!). Now curled up watching movies with him. Going to let him stay up late as a special treat to keep me occupied.

I'm hoping to get all the crap out of my head and down on paper tonight. Will burn the negative and keep what I need to.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done dark faith. You know the drinking won't help ,you don't need us to tell you that. Just battle through and give sobriety a chance to help you. I wish you all the best.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Isn't it good that you are going into this weekend sober darkfaith. Sunday's meeting is going to be very important to you and your kids' future so a clear sharp mind is going to help. Look after yourself, stay hydrated and know that we at SR are behind you.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You can get through this sober, darkfaith, and when you do you will be so grateful that you did. You will be clear on what you did, what you want, and how it all happened. I have been going through some tough times myself and as hard as things can be, I can always remind myself, "At least I am sober", and somehow things seem a million times better, no matter what.