Notices

I put myself thru holy hell this past year

Old 02-21-2014, 01:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I put myself thru holy hell this past year

I was reading my emails from the past year. Wow, I put myself through hell. I was homeless for a few days and lived under a bridge for one of those days. Like they say a troll under the bridge. I went through several sober living homes and just couldn't make those work. I was extremely depressed and had made a decision to just drink myself to death. It was extremely painful. If I'd had enough "balls" I would have just committed suicide. It was excruciating. I'm not sure what happened but some how I came out of a long stretch of mental illness. I was sober the majority of the time these past years, but was a binge drinker and fell off the wagon every 3-7 months. Even in between when I was sober I was mentally unstable. I'm not sure how I came out of this fog. I got off all my psych meds and am completely sober. A psychiatrist even said that I was over medicated and that the medications were making me complacent. I didn't give a **** about anything. I feel like the fog has lifted. Our mental health system totally sucks. I guess it's was good to look back and see where I came from but I don't want to dwell on it. I am grateful to be sober today!
Old 02-21-2014, 01:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You've come a long way Kissimee, congratulations on your achievements so far.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It definitely sounds like you've had a rough year, but I'm glad you're turning things around. Please remember where you've been and try to keep on heading towards where you're going. We're here to listen and support you if you need anything.
Stay strong!
Old 02-21-2014, 03:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Remarkable courage and strength. Above all you never gave up! We are not quitters and that can sometimes work for us, but only when we quit the big thing that we NEED to quit.
Keep going and keep posting. I think in our own ways we are both grateful today