Notices

I have not said much lately... But...

Old 02-18-2014, 06:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing Ken. Sometimes life just sits on the treadmill, eh? It seems that part of sobriety is learning to accept this part of life as well, and it is interesting to hear your take on that. It sounds like you've had a few ups and downs that have followed you through life. It's hard to learn how to live on a stable ship that doesn't rock with the waves.

Oh to have the windows open with a breeze coming through the curtains a summer evening...those days are coming.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

What a pleasant image, BigSombrero! Thanks for giving us something to look forward to!
Old 02-19-2014, 03:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Thanks for all the love!

Non.... You are sober because of all the hard work I witness you put into it! Back at ya Sir!

BigS.... That was very very nice. Now I get to go clean 8 more inches of fresh snow. I will keep the warm evening in my thoughts today!

Just up and feel better than yesterday thanks to you folks!

Ken
Old 02-19-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

"BigS.... That was very very nice. Now I get to go clean 8 more inches of fresh snow. I will keep the warm evening in my thoughts today!"

Yes and on the positive side all this snow is of benefit to our ground water replenishment. That doesn't mean I embrace it, enough already!

BE WELL
Old 02-19-2014, 05:45 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Ken a time or two a post moves me where I can feel the writers pain, hurt, success, happiness in my heart. Your words resonated with me. Beautifully written, thank you for that and all you do for us here
Old 02-19-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Ken..one of the posters here directed me to you because of the respect
they have for you..thank you that poster! Lonely is very difficult..before
I married my husband ..4o years this summer..I would pray and pray to
have someone to just snuggle..no expectations..just a companion that was
there..it happened...believe me..I didn't have special power..or a huge religious
belief..yet did believe that I was worthy and deserving..It happened !! I am
not lucky or special~~ actually rather plain.. continue the work ... we often
hear these words..it really does happen in life..plain and simple is my motto..
it comes as plain and simple ..we just have to be open..it hits wonderfully.

Best to you..

lauren
Old 02-19-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Weasey dear....

I remember a previous post from you on a Saturday morning in your old house...you saw your handprint on the wall from the "episode" where you were so seriously injured, both physically and emotionally.

Think of how far you (and the cats that barfed in the car on the trip) have come and we have all hitched a ride on your courage, your recipes, your new job and trips back and forth.

WOW!!! you keep moving forward and you will connect with new friends who are in sync with you. I really believe that it is just around the corner, like spring.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Lauren... Thank you for the encouragement. It means a lot. It's funny.... I was looking around at my apartment this morning before work. Thought about the job I was leaving to get to in the snow. I felt good and safe for the first time in a while. That's progress.

I got all wrapped up this past week in so many emotions and things and temptations that yesterday and this morning I said no. Stay the course. Focus on the small things. What the next thing on my list that will make me feel good. I decided that I will get new glasses. A different style.

That may sound silly... But just a small little change helps. I don't know what other folks do but it takes a lot of focus to get back to the line when I stray in either my thinking or actually taking a drink drug. It clobbers me.

Glad I posted this and got such great feedback from great people out there!

Thanks!

Ken
Old 02-19-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Miss Fandy? Are you stalking me? Lol!

Thanks! Love ya!

K
Old 02-19-2014, 09:50 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

No actually I am a clairvoyant....but you know this....

I just remembered that one post you made....I visualized the house with the porch you wrote about, the way the sun hit the wall in the hallway and illuminated the bloody print. it was well written and it could have helped me stay the course that day.

I remember things that sound important....now that I am sober.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:50 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

But just a small little change helps. I don't know what other folks do but it takes a lot of focus to get back to the line when I stray in either my thinking or actually taking a drink drug
Learning to shepherd my thoughts , like herding a bunch of stray cats !

Attitude of gratitude , giving something back , focusing on today , neither looking too far ahead nor dwelling in the past are all things i find useful .

You and i live in two of the most wonderful countries in the world , love and peace to you , love and peace , You are alive , free and sober truly a wondrous thing with huge potential .

Bestwishes, m
Old 02-19-2014, 11:03 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thanks M! Missed you my friend!

Fandy... This is the excert you spoke of..... From May last year...thanks for the reminder!

"This weekend was sunny... We had all the windows open to let the light in. I live in a big Victorian so there is a spot at the center of the home where all the rooms converge. A little anti room with 6 doorways. Because of its location it does not get much sun. So until then I had not seen the reminder of that night. Bloody hand print faded on the wall. It was hardly noticeable. In fact this morning when I went to go see it again I could not find it without the needed sunlight to reveal it.

I thought maybe I imagined it? No. Maybe I needed a quiet reminder of the depths my addictions traveled that day? Maybe. I think perhaps I needed the reminder to see how far I've come? Yes.

There are defining moments that I will need reminding of again. A way to see past the moment of this day and on to a better life. There is still a lot of change ready for me but nothing will ever allow me to go to that place again. A reminder that my life is worth more than that."
Old 02-19-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Old 02-20-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Ken, sorry you are feeling lonely, I agree, it's more common this time of year, especially around Valentine's Day...

You have such a way with words-I know there is a recovery/inspirational book in you somewhere-you have inspired so many of us. I also feel you help in my journey to sobriety in a big way-I may not always be here on SR, but when I am, I always check your updates and posts...

Hoping you will have spring in your step soon, and less snowdrifts.