Notices

My Sober Party With Drunks!

Old 02-17-2014, 10:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Pedro, I know how hard it is when you have friends that drink a lot. It's hard for us to not drink when we get together. Sometimes before we go out, I tell myself before hand that I don't wanna get drunk or out of control, but it never works. I think the best thing is what you were able to do, to not drink in the first place.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey pedro

For me it's not about seeing people ever again - I could see as many people as I liked for coffee or movies, or sports, or picnics or whatever.

I did stay away from alcohol centered events for a fair few months tho.

I found that, on previous attempts, I'd still go to parties - I'd start off fine, I wouldn't drink, and I would maintain that for weeks sometimes.

I developed a false sense of security. I began to feel I was no longer out of control with booze...sooner or later I would convince myself that one beer wouldn't hurt....we both know where that leads.

Just passing on my experience Pedro - I think that some of us really do have to change our lives.

Only you can say whether you are in that class or not, though - I get that - and I wish you the best

D
Old 02-17-2014, 10:39 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thats definately not something I would make a habit of doing. But the book tells us, if its absolutely necessary then we must not shun away. We can not go to the greenland ice cap, lest an eskimo come with a bottle.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

As i said i would avoid these situations as much as i can as i am only human and of course i find it really difficult in these situations just like you all do. Unfortunately though if its a friends 50th that i have known for years its a bit hard to avoid.
What i am saying is that we all will have to face these situations from time to time and we all need to develop a way to cope in order to avoid drinking. The more we are organised to cope with these situation the better the chance that we wont take a drink.