Notices

Back from holiday- No drinking

Old 02-12-2014, 02:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back from holiday- No drinking

When we got to the hotel I discovered it was an open bar, which is a big part of the reason I think I didn't drink: If I started with an unlimited supply, I would have probably died on that island.

I'd like to say my first sober holiday was a fun one but sadly it wasn't. My family are heavy drinkers and spending a week with them has given me an incredible appreciation of just how annoying drunks are to sober people.

Food was awful, pool was cold, shops were closed, poverty was everywhere, there was nothing to do and my only company was drunk.

But hey! I made it through. I'm back in England safe and sound and drink free, which is all that matters.

One more challenge down.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I remember going on an all inclusive holiday to mexico a few years ago when I was sober....I was really bored as you couldn't go anywhere outside the complex and the only things to do were eat or drink, all inclusive holidays are designed for drinkers....I spent most of the holiday in the gym working out.

Next holiday I'm going to go somewhere with culture so i can go places and experience the place rather than sitting next to a pool.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Wow good for you and congrats! Not easy to be in the situation that is for sure, but you handled it like a champ .
Old 02-12-2014, 03:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MarathonMan View Post
I remember going on an all inclusive holiday to mexico a few years ago when I was sober....I was really bored as you couldn't go anywhere outside the complex and the only things to do were eat or drink, all inclusive holidays are designed for drinkers....I spent most of the holiday in the gym working out.

Next holiday I'm going to go somewhere with culture so i can go places and experience the place rather than sitting next to a pool.
Yeah, I wouldn't have chosen to go, but my brother works over there. I ended up just walking to the beach and back every day, just to pass the time. I don't know where I'll go next year, all I know is that I only ever plan on staring at a pool for hours again if I'm getting paid for it! (I'm a lifeguard).
Old 02-12-2014, 03:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations sweet
Old 02-12-2014, 04:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on getting thru it sober.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good for you!! That's a huge challenge.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)