Notices

Day 2

Old 02-12-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

A few years back my back started giving me problems. A family member suggested I try this miracle cure tramadol. So they kept me supplied and I kept finding it was taking more and more to not feel the pain. Eventually I knew I was addicted. Luckily I got a new job and luckily at the time I was convinced I would fail the drug screen so I quit cold turkey in 2007, got the job, and didn't use again till 2010. The doctor I had the physical for my job with became my family doctor. Now the job I had was in the mining industry so we were random tested almost weekly. Kept me on my toes and kept me from using. Well my wonderful doctor tried to get an MRI for my back and my insurance turned him down. So out comes the prescription pad and what does he give me? Tramadol. Now its 2014, I've got two kids and a loving wife. I picked up my script on January 27th for 90. Fast forward to the seventh. Had another appointment. Doc again writes me 90 with one refill. Then the tenth comes and guess what? Somehow 90 are gone. And then I realize, you're not taking these for pain. You're making pain so you can keep taking them. Well thankfully in steps the state of Ky. I go to fill the script, BAM, Kasper(the not so friendly ghost catches me). No matter how much I gripe. No matter if I offer to pay cash, all pharmacies say no come back the 27th. So then I know I'm in trouble. Not only do I have to admit I have a problem, but I have no choice but to go cold turkey. Yesterday was day one and I felt bad. Last night was a living hell and I still haven't slept. Major fever, restless legs, insomnia. So day 2 I've decided to tear up the script and never go through this again. But its so hard. I can't stop thoughts popping into my head on how to get it. I tried flexeril, benadryl, Nyquil, nothing will let me sleep. And my doctor is the type you can't reach till you have an appointment. I need help I never want to take anything more than my blood pressure meds again. How can I sleep I'm thankful I finally joined this site and I can admit it finally as I did to my wife yesterday, I'm addicted.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I would get myself checked out if I were you. Just to be on the safe side. Well done for making your choice and I wish you the best xxxxx
Old 02-12-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reply. So far I've managed to stick with it. Not saying much as its day two but I think I can do this. I just keep thinking if I could only get some sleep. Really nowhere I can turn to get checked out. I just keep telling myself it will ease off each day.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The good news is the toughest Med I have access to is ibuprofen so as crazy as it gets I dont have access to much else.