Notices

New to online support

Old 02-18-2014, 08:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

IHello and thanks for sharing your story. I consumed alcohol for 20 years. I was a functioning, or so I thought, and it was the norm for my life. I have tried a few times with programs and AA, but this is first time I can tell it is for real. Never even question this decision. But I did it mostly with support of my husband, SR and the strength I forgot was within me. You will feel what is right for you. Hope to hear from you.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I found site by accident while looking for a detox center because I was such a mess. It was the best accident that ever happened to me. If you are looking for support, you have definitely come to the right place. I also have no parents or friends, so I understand how you feel. Check SR out often, and you won't feel so alone. Trust me on that.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome Thelightshines - we are so glad you are here and found us. You will never meet a kinder, giving more selfless group than SR.

2much pain so good to see you here again and sounding so much more positive - well done!
Old 02-19-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Tea Drinker

TheLightShines...welcome! I'm very early on in my recovery journey too. I'm glad you're here, isn't it good to know that we're not alone? This is a great place to find information, support and friendship Meg