Notices

New

Old 02-05-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New

Hi, I'm here so I guess that means I know I'm an alcoholic. I don't want to be anymore so I posting for accountability and support as I'm amazed how I can convince myself it's ok to have a drink. It's not ok. I want to be tee total from today on.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Also how do I change my name on here? It should be looking for change not looking! Was typing fast as nervous and needed help quick.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Looking. Welcome. Lots of support and understanding here. I totally understand the cycle of convincing ourselves it's okay to have a drink. I did that every night for years, too many years. Eventually, I have learned that the voice doing the convincing is full of cr!@ and trying to kill me.
Again, welcome to SR
Old 02-05-2014, 07:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome! You are in a great place to find support!
Old 02-05-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is great that you've made that decision. Now ... if you don't take that first drink you never have to worry about the last one. I got that from someone here and I think about that everytime I face a situation where drinking is present. It's just not worth it. Stay strong and stay in touch here.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Looingforchange View Post
Also how do I change my name on here? It should be looking for change not looking! Was typing fast as nervous and needed help quick.
Welcome

Only an Administrator can change your name for you I'm afraid (I'm not an administrator)

Someone already reported this for you so one of our Admins will sort this out when they come in

Hi, I'm here so I guess that means I know I'm an alcoholic. I don't want to be anymore so I posting for accountability and support as I'm amazed how I can convince myself it's ok to have a drink. It's not ok. I want to be tee total from today on.
I found posting here regularly helped me remember it wasn't OK and I really did have a problem. You've found a great place for support
D
Old 02-05-2014, 10:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome