Notices

Physical Evidence

Old 02-05-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Physical Evidence

I don't remember falling. But when I woke up to a huge bruise on my leg and a feeling like someone had punched me in the back, I knew something had happened. My husband told me the next morning that I had taken a bad spill before he put me in my pjs and poured me into bed. That was Friday night. Then Sunday, another black out. I was done (hopefully for good). Day three is hard. My inner voice is saying, you did good you can have a glass of wne tonight, you won't do that again, you learned your lesson. NO! I can do this.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't give in to that voice. I think the same thing. I haven't drank in a bit, I can drink soon, right? A three day gap is good, right? No. Because I know that once I start up again, the cycle will repeat itself. Stay strong. You don't deserve a glass of wine, you deserve a healthy life.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes you can.
Call someone.
Reach out.

You cant do it by yourself.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

You can do this, keep telling yourself and hope you feel better soon xxxxx
Old 02-05-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Smile That nasty little voice

I HEAR IT,TOO! It is what leads me into a downward spiral. I think "I had a hard day or I could go for a cold drink" and the next thing I do is head for the liquor department. Then I start drinking for the next 3 days til I feel guilty and get sick. Then spend the next week detoxing and trying to remember what I did for those drunken days. All because of a stupid voice that has no concern for my health and well-being. We have to recognize it is destroying us and tell it to go away. Only good thoughts can stay. Stay strong and good luck. We are here for you!!
Old 02-05-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hang in there Jill!! Just think of you are on day 3... not on day one!! That's awesome
Old 02-05-2014, 12:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Congrats on day 3 Jill. You know that voice lies. You can do this. Your post made me remember all the unexplained bruises I used to get. Mostly on my legs below the knees. Must have been bumping into this while cooking drunk.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Do you know how good it feels when you NEVER have to wonder where the bruise or aches came from? Where you don't have to feel humiliated because someone helped you when you were drunk and you can't remember any of it? Where you don't have to cringe when you try to think of what you said or might have said? It feels fantastic! You're off to a good start-reward yourself with something else besides booze!
Old 02-05-2014, 02:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FreeFall View Post
Do you know how good it feels when you NEVER have to wonder where the bruise or aches came from? Where you don't have to feel humiliated because someone helped you when you were drunk and you can't remember any of it? Where you don't have to cringe when you try to think of what you said or might have said? It feels fantastic! You're off to a good start-reward yourself with something else besides booze!
These last two nights have been so nice. Remembering tucking my son into bed, the conversations with my husband and what I watched on tv. Not having to check my phone or fb to see who I called or what I said. Its so refreshing!
Old 02-05-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

The voice always lies Jill. Stay strong.

Congrats on day 3

D
Old 02-05-2014, 03:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

There was so much of my drinking that was a mystery to me too....the bruises, the conversations, the sex, the placement of my wallet, purse, keys, or the car itself.....I wake up in the morning now and don't have to check out my body to make sure I'm ok and I don't have to throw the curtain back to see if the car made it home with me. Life is good on this side of sober....hope you stay here too
Old 02-05-2014, 06:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Jill23 View Post
My inner voice is saying, you did good you can have a glass of wne tonight, you won't do that again, you learned your lesson.
That's the voice of your addiction. I have one, too, that's how I know. Here is the number of true things mine has told me in the last 25 years:

Originally Posted by Jill23 View Post
I can do this.
Damn skippy!
Old 02-05-2014, 06:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I love reading how you remember tucking your son into bed.......never trade that for a bottle. It will just get better the longer you stay stopped
Old 02-05-2014, 06:50 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I remember my other half's grandson telling me the next day when I asked him why my hand was so sore, oh must have been that 3" nail you shot through your hand while you were looking where your beer was so you didn't knock it over! Had no recollection of doing it, nor him turning all sorts of colors and getting sick when he said I jerked it out and put some tape on it. Boy that was good beer, so were the other 12-15 my wallet told me I had when it got empty! Stay Strong and Well!
Old 02-05-2014, 07:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Jill, another thing to remember about that voice: The second you take the first sip, poof, the voice is gone, and so are we. That voice paints a nice pretty picture for us with phrases like, "enjoy a drink," "a nice drink," "deserve a drink," "need to relax" and so on: All just subterfuge, all false, all lies. Where are these phrases the next morning, heck, where are these phrases after 3,4,5 drinks? This kind of thinking really helps me understand what's going on in my head and stay focused on my true intentions-sobriety.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I've had a lot of mornings like that.