Notices

25 year old alcoholic - Sober 6 days today.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:51 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I hear you and I used to do the same thing (focus on other things) eventually my focus returned to alcohol!

I tried AA and NA when I was younger and thought the same thing...wasn't for me. After years of more alcohol abuse and consequences I decided to give it one more try...realized that it was me and not the program all along...

I suggest AA cause that's what's working for me, but whatever you decide to do, do something cause whatever you've been doing ended you back up drinking...

Wishing you the best!
Old 06-15-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

You can do this. Take some time to think about all the fun and productive things you can do besides drink. Think about when you were younger and entertained yourself. Find some new, positive, and sober people to surround yourself with. These are a step in the right direction. I am very happy for you.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:27 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Ditto what Ultradad said. It's great that your partner is supportive and has been all this time, but I think it would increase your odds of maintaining sobriety if you found some additional support and used it. Even if what's available isn't quite to your liking, there might be some good aspects that would help.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Welcome back to the Forum!!
Old 06-15-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, day 2 feeling better then in a long time not so much withdrawel yet, been eating well trying to focus on positives and not drink. If i can beat my 12 day record im going for gold. I hope i can do this.