Notices

Day 20 and complexion has gone to pot

Old 02-21-2014, 05:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I really believe it's detox. I had large painful spots on my face after about a week sober and have had a few breakouts since then. Overall I would say that my skin is the best it has in ages and probably as good as it was 10 years ago - I'm not kidding. The bloating has gone, the dirty greasy film that seemed to coat my face and hair when I was especially heavily drinking has disappeared and all the redness has vanished. I went on a liver cleansing diet years ago when I wasn't drinking and I got those same breakouts. You might need to alter your cleansing products or change your moisturiser to a lighter one but trust me in the long run it's worth it. I'm at 4 months and saw a huge difference by 6 weeks. Good luck to you all.xx
Old 02-21-2014, 05:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey phips, day 42 is fantastic. If you have not seen a Dr yet, now may be the time. If they balance out the hormones your skin may just clear up. I have been straight up with my Dr and they are so used to this. My skin never really caused a problem, but when I quit drinking I did lose one of my chins. I don't miss the bloated look at all. Good luck and so glad you have joined us.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:57 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
SeaScape

I really recommend a doctors visit. You don't need to suffer and worry...which can be the same thing. You have a lot going on in your body... Natural and unnatural changes. Your doctor can help with your skin and menopause