Notices

Starting to feel normal

Old 01-27-2014, 07:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have a little over five months sober and I am starting to feel normal. There isn't really any struggle not to drink....I feel proud of my recovery...everyone really important to me knows I no longer drink. I am so busy and very productive...life feels fulfilling and stable. I have tons of goals and feel a lot of purpose.

It's just a little weird I guess because getting sober isn't demanding as much energy or attention. I'm determined not to relapse. I don't feel shaky. I don't have ego/hubris - I know relapses happen when you get too confident and don't pay attention and I am trying to remain vigilant.

I guess I am just posting this because maybe I'm moving on to a new phase of recovery and it feels weird. I feel like - where is all the strife and struggle? I don't miss it, believe me! I just want to know if this is normal - it feels easy and like this is my life now. Does anyone have any thoughts/feedback?
Old 01-27-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Hang onto your butt things will happen. Appreciate the pink cloud you're on now. I've had occasions in my later sobriety I'm thankful that I didn't have early on. They say the good lord doesn't give us more then we can handle I just wish he didn't trust me so much. Lol

Btw grats on 5 months
Old 01-27-2014, 07:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on five months sober! Yes, you're starting to feel normal in your sobriety. I'm glad you're doing well.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you I want this to be permanent. I like sobriety more than addiction!
Old 01-27-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations. I'm starting to feel much the same way. Sobriety is coming a lot easier as time goes by. That being said it's time to be even more vigilant!

>> I am starting to feel normal

I don't think I've ever felt normal