Notices

Jekyll & Hyde

Old 01-24-2014, 06:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Typically my cravings at night were fueled by routine, boredom and depression. Usually hit home about 5pm said goodbye to my wife as she went to work. Then it was happy hour so I would have one. Make dinner for the kids and myself have one more. Do typical dad stuff ,get them to bed and now time for another. After they were asleep I would start pounding them until I was a drooling mess.

Now I am trying to find activities to keep myself distracted reading, home projects and journaling. Once this cold snap breaks I think I will start biking again. Along with this I drink a ton of milk and oj now instead. Somehow it really helps my urges.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cheydinhal View Post
This is a long shot, but maybe it has something to do with the sun and Vitamin D? I went to a doctor and had my vitamin d levels checked and they were extremely low so I started taking liquid vitamin d drops each morning. I call it my liquid sunshine because during the dark winter months it clears up my depression and helps me immensely.
Chey, that's a great idea. It wouldn't surprise me, as I've had low Vit D in the past and my depression has been pretty bad lately. Best part, it's not a prescription!
Old 01-24-2014, 10:14 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Argent View Post
Typically my cravings at night were fueled by routine, boredom and depression. Usually hit home about 5pm said goodbye to my wife as she went to work. Then it was happy hour so I would have one. Make dinner for the kids and myself have one more. Do typical dad stuff ,get them to bed and now time for another. After they were asleep I would start pounding them until I was a drooling mess.

Now I am trying to find activities to keep myself distracted reading, home projects and journaling. Once this cold snap breaks I think I will start biking again. Along with this I drink a ton of milk and oj now instead. Somehow it really helps my urges.
Routine, boredom, and depression... Oh yeah... that pretty much sums me up too and my cravings start around 5, coincidentally around the time I get to go home from work. Sometimes I stay at the office later just so there's less temptation to start drinking before 7. Yes, I have set a time that I won't cross... ah the life of an alcoholic.
Those are the same types of distractions that I also find helpful, especially journaling and home projects. This arctic bitter cold is certainly not helping tho. I've been craving o.j. lately. Hmmm, I wonder if that would help my urges too.