Notices

Day 19 - My AV has returned with a vengence

Old 01-20-2014, 09:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Alcohol Free Member

Day 19 - My AV has returned with a vengence

Hi everyone,

I have been free and sober for the past 3 weeks nearly and then 2 months previous to my last relapse.

Today I have been getting a lot of illogical thoughts of wanting to drink. Which I cannot do because of the medication I am on.

Trying everything I can including:

Hyponotherapy
AA meetings
Excercise
Vitamin B1 and C
Glutathione
Talking to my Wife
Reading all my previous posts.

At this moment in time, I am resisting but today has been the most difficult since I became sober.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I remember once when I originally tried quitting - I got so agitated, that I ended up putting all my paper money in hot soapy water, so that I couldn't go to the shop Taking the 'choice' out of it really helped.
I have really long hair so another way to stop myself is to go wash it - takes forever to dry.
Anything you can think of to remove the choice?

PS Everytime I see your avatar, I think Dee's online
Old 01-20-2014, 10:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Alcohol Free Member

Originally Posted by Skye2 View Post
I remember once when I originally tried quitting - I got so agitated, that I ended up putting all my paper money in hot soapy water, so that I couldn't go to the shop Taking the 'choice' out of it really helped.
I have really long hair so another way to stop myself is to go wash it - takes forever to dry.
Anything you can think of to remove the choice?

PS Everytime I see your avatar, I think Dee's online
I have no cash only cards, so I have handed my wallet to my Wife, while I will go swimming at the gym tonight.

I liked Dees Avatar, so I asked his permission, could I use when Dee was finished using it. He said I he was changing his and so gave me the go ahead to avoid confusion. Its really inspirational IMHO, absolutely love it.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Autan, I would just like to say that your posts have been so important to me over the last few days. I have learnt so much about AV that I never knew before and you are an inspiration to me and many, many more on the site. I am on day 7 and I am determined, like you, to keep going.
Wishing you happiness!
Old 01-20-2014, 10:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by autan View Post
I have no cash only cards, so I have handed my wallet to my Wife, while I will go swimming at the gym tonight.

I liked Dees Avatar, so I asked her permission, could I use when Dee was finished using it. She said I she was changing hers and so gave me the go ahead to avoid confusion. Its really inspirational IMHO, absolutely love it.
I think she's a he
Old 01-20-2014, 10:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Alcohol Free Member

Originally Posted by Skye2 View Post
I think she's a he
Whoops !

Quick correction of my previous post. I am going to end up doing lines at this rate. Sorry Dee (Hope you didnt notice).
Old 01-20-2014, 10:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Whoops !
Xx
Old 01-20-2014, 10:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Alcohol Free Member

Originally Posted by Jessicacat1 View Post
Autan, I would just like to say that your posts have been so important to me over the last few days. I have learnt so much about AV that I never knew before and you are an inspiration to me and many, many more on the site. I am on day 7 and I am determined, like you, to keep going.
Wishing you happiness!
This so very kind of you and really means a lot. Thank you so much.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Today I have been getting a lot of illogical thoughts of wanting to drink.
I will admit, that when I look back at some of the things I've done, some haven't made any sense to me. But before I did them? If I can say, Whoa there cowboy, this is nutz. Are you REALLY sure you want to do this?, then I can let the thinker take over.

So, this mindfulness thing, being aware of your thoughts before you act on them, is a great ally. It sounds like you already are doing this to an extent, in that you recognize this particular thought as being illogical. Stick with this, sit with this, recognize the heck out of this thought. You can do it, start by believing that you can.

I know you will do the right thing.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
quat

It can at times seem like a struggle, but don't let that sap your resolve. Stay resovled, believe you can.
Don't make the effort to be 'not having illogical thoughts' , the efort should be in focusing on the 'illogicality' of the thoughts.
Stopping 'thought' per se is a battle no one can win, we aren't losing by having the thoughts.
'Something' thinks the thoughts are enough to win .
Old 01-20-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hang in there Autan. You have given me great advice since I joined. I wish I was well enough to give practical advice, but at this point I can only offer that you have came this far, you have this. Please don't doubt yourself. Do whatever you need to do. Just like when your buddy tried to get you to drink at the pub. Walk away
Old 01-20-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Alcohol Free Member

Tonight has been a tough one.

I have been to the gym, talked to my Wife and hypnotised myself for about 2.5 hours.

Cravings have gone away and no AV voice.

Thank you for every who has been there for me, I really do mean that. I am going to sleep now sober and clean.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I agree with Jessica. You have given me a lot if strength and insight. Best to you! You can do it!
Old 01-20-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you got through Autan.

I think many of us, myself included, thought that after a month or so, things would be easy...it takes a little longer to change...but it's worth it

D
Old 01-20-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

With more sober time the cravings will diminish and that voice will get fainter and fainter and easy to dismiss.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Autan,

I just wanted to add to the sentiments of others. Your posts have been very instrumental in helping me stay drink-free for the past 11 days and into the foreseeable future. I appreciate that you acknowledge the cravings and your struggles and conflicts. And, I'm delighted that you have persevered today.

Thanks again. Stay strong and free.

ODog
Old 01-20-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

way to go hangin' on Autan!!

Every victory makes you stronger and puts that old AV further and further back in his cage.

I'm glad you made it.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks for this post. It really helps me to be able to plan ahead for this.