Notices

Giving it another whirl

Old 01-12-2014, 04:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Giving it another whirl

My Mom and I were talking last night and she said she feels bad that so many people in our world have to rely on alcohol, drugs, or whatever means to alter their personality to get through a day. And I sat there and said "yes, I just don't understand it either". And I thought.....because we don't know any different.

So, I laid in bed this morning realizing....it's time to try this again.

A lot of good has happened in the past year - ups and downs, but this is something I need to take seriously as it will only improve the quality of my life that much more.

Not drinking has more benefits than drinking. I know this and I look forward to starting over (again).

Today is the beginning of Day 1 and I wish everyone here a successful day and journey.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Marjoram

D
Old 01-12-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Today is my beginning of Day 1 as well. We can do this!
Old 01-12-2014, 04:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm a bird on your shoulder JIJQ - I'll imagine you on mine when I feel any urge. My mornings are a breeze.....it's the afternoons that always drag me in.

Right now I'm borderline cringing as I know how hard this is, but that just really hit me last night when my Mom said that. Not knowing of my problem.

Minute at a time, day at a time...we can make this happen if we use the tools that are available to help us through. This is a great place here with many inspiring individuals.

I will stay strong today. And yes, I do have a plan. It's to not drink today.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah I don't have the urge to drink in the mornings either. No booze in the house (obviously haha) and I'm ready to detox my butt off.

I woke up this morning with strength and resolve to get this done. It is hard, but if it were easy, there'd be no alcoholics.

We can nail this alcohol detox and cravings!
Old 01-12-2014, 04:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've done this before, and I know how wonderful it feels. I always thought I wish I could put the feeling of sobriety in a bottle and drink it down every day instead. And I told myself this morning I can.

I have many good resources to read on a daily basis.

I have a copy of the big book online and will consider AA if I feel that I can't do this through RR, this forum, and reading about the effects of this on my health (which is my biggest driver - it's horrible what alcoholism does to our bodies - downright scary). I have a very close friend that is aware of my problems (she doesn't drink), and always is there to support me (she is unaware that I've been drinking again for so long). My husband will support me, but he drinks, too - and that makes it difficult. But, it has to be about me first, then I just hope in time it will inspire him to do the same.

So, today, I will crack open my big bottle of sobriety and do my best to make it through.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeah as I sit here waiting for detox symptoms to start appearing, I can't help but note that I feel bloated, have liver pain, unexplained bruises from blacking out and doing something stupid, and I just feel bad that I've had to detox so may times.

It's always good to have friends!
Old 01-12-2014, 04:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Take care today. I'm going to get at it - things to do. But, I'll check in throughout the day and see how things are going. Stay strong.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on your decisions..... wish you all the best and keep on the fight!!! Never give up and believe in yourselves. .. I'm doing it and surely you can as well!!

Don't give up! And whenever you need support you can post here on SR
Old 01-12-2014, 05:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

welcome back Marjoram
Old 01-12-2014, 05:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hello Marjoram,

Giving you a heads up for today! Do it for you! You'll never regret it.

It may help to be in God's country. What serenity there is there. Hope you find a piece of it.

Let the sun shine in................
Old 01-12-2014, 05:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Good decision, Marjoram xxxxxx
Old 01-12-2014, 05:46 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marjoram View Post

Not drinking has more benefits than drinking. I know this and I look forward to starting over (again).

Today is the beginning of Day 1 and I wish everyone here a successful day and journey.
good luck with your day 1
took me many attempts
before I got serious

Mountainman
Old 01-12-2014, 06:04 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Knowledge does not always equate to action. Put all your effort into the committment to quit and you'll succeed. Good luck.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

We are all behind you Marjoram and Justinjustquit!!
Old 01-12-2014, 09:17 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Knowledge does not always equate to action. Put all your effort into the committment to quit and you'll succeed. Good luck.
One urge down. How such a simple concept can be so difficult. But, I agree with this - we all can have a lot of knowledge about everything. But, putting it to action and staying committed to it is the key. I have to do this, but I also know that it's not meant to be done alone.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I am at the grocery store, and being in the middle of withdrawal and walking right by the alcohol aisle probably added about 120 pounds to each leg to get past that aisle.

Didnt put anything in the cart, but I did get cranberry juice to help detox.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:30 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

woohoo

My Mom and I were talking last night and she said she feels bad that so many people in our world have to rely on alcohol, drugs, or whatever means to alter their personality to get through a day. And I sat there and said "yes, I just don't understand it either". And I thought.....because we don't know any different.

So, I laid in bed this morning realizing....it's time to try this again.

A lot of good has happened in the past year - ups and downs, but this is something I need to take seriously as it will only improve the quality of my life that much more.

Good for you. I am glad you made it threw the night and feel positive and commited today. You rock.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justinJustQuit View Post
I am at the grocery store, and being in the middle of withdrawal and walking right by the alcohol aisle probably added about 120 pounds to each leg to get past that aisle.

Didnt put anything in the cart, but I did get cranberry juice to help detox.
UUGGHH..I almost kick over an entire stack of Champagne bottles other day. Stuck in slow line at store, right next to me. I wonder how long until I can walk past that aisle and be okay.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Great decision!! . . . we've all got your back!! you can do this!!