Notices

need advice

Old 01-06-2014, 12:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

need advice

My husband is on meth. he had been clean for about 2 years before we got together. we got married on nov 10 2012 and i got pregnant like 2 weeks later. He started doing meth in jan. i didn't know it till later cause Ive never been around drugs. he cheated on me, stolemy money , lied all the time , he smoked it around me when i was asleep and pregnant and at one point i didn't see him for about 2 months. i left him 2 months before our son was born and i got back with him after he was born. our son is now 5 months old and he started using again when he was about 2 months old. he just put himself in a rehab in dec and won't get out till September of this year if he stays. its a Christian based place so he says God has really got ahold of him this time and he will be a different man when he gets out. he doesn't want me to get a divorce because he says he will show me what a different man he will be and will be a good husband and daddy. i would like to believe him but i don't trust him. I've heard it to many times before. i think our son should have been his rehab. I really need advice on what to do, I'm very confused
Old 01-06-2014, 12:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not sure I'm the best on advice, but follow your instinct as a mother. Woman, when they follow that instinct are much smarter than men... LOL So do what you think is correct. Down the line, when he is off meth, allow him to have some contact with his kid, that is just instinct. I've never done drugs just booze, so I don't know much about Meth.

I'm sure others on this forum will leave better advice than me. Saying to follow your instinct seems primitive, but a mother always knows... LOL
Old 01-06-2014, 12:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

only thought that comes to mind for me is - have you considered going to Alanon or NA?

You may find some good community and support there.

I've never been in a situation like yours but I have seen that meth is a pretty horrible villain of an addiction and both you and he will need support, regardless what happens.

I wish you strength and wish him recovery.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was addicted to meth. I tried getting off it myself for 5 months. What I found was I needed help. Having a son, (which I do also) was a reason that pushed me towards getting clean but it wasn't the magic bullet. There are many issues around meth addiction, (actually around all addictions) and he is going to need a multifaceted approach. Whatever your decision, you probably need help and support as well.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Saved By Grace

Just out of curiosity is the rehab, U-Turn for Christ?
Old 01-07-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

He says he will be a different person and the husband and father you need him to be. I'm sure that he really wants to be those things, and he absolutely intends to be but sometimes addiction takes a long time, if ever, to break free of.
In my opinion you should make decisions which provide for emotional and financial stability for you and your son. If your husband is well enough to be part of your life, wonderful. If not, you will not be starting on the back foot again, feeling as you are now.

Please get some type of help dealing with this, you're in a very stressful situation.

I wish you peace and clarity in making your decision
Old 01-07-2014, 10:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

He went to rehab in December and won't get out til September?? That's a very long time. I didn't know rehabs could be so long.

We have a forum just for people in your shoes. Give it a look if you want.

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information