Notices

I am 1 beer = 1000 beers type

Old 01-07-2014, 08:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You're not completely alone. Millions in the United States alone have problems with alcohol. I think roughly 10% of American adults consider themselves alcoholics.

It's a chronic, progressive disease. But the good news is we all have the cure in our pocket.

Sadly, many don't get out alive because they never recognize that they are the cure to their own disease. I can't speak for you, but I really don't want to be part of that proud tradition.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Imabuleva View Post
You're not completely alone. Millions in the United States alone have problems with alcohol. I think roughly 10% of American adults consider themselves alcoholics.

It's a chronic, progressive disease. But the good news is we all have the cure in our pocket.

Sadly, many don't get out alive because they never recognize that they are the cure to their own disease. I can't speak for you, but I really don't want to be part of that proud tradition.

I know I can go quite a few days without alcohol but these last few times I was itchy all over my body just drove me completely insane made me very irritable. as soon as a got a few beers in me the itchiness went away.

I just realised that I have never been without a beer for more than 10 days in my entire adult life. I even quit smoking for 4 months once but still drank.

I want to quit all the stimulants and depressants - coffee, cigerettes, alcohol, all of them and start surrfing here. one of the best surf breaks in Brasil is 200 meters from my house. (brasil doesnt have world class breaks but its one of the best they have)

I need some advice on how to quit. Start with alcohol only? When I stop drinking you see, I go drink 50 grams of Nescafe instant-coffee per day. Its just insane. No sugar or milk. Just straight black thick coffee syrup and 3 packets of marlboro. I am a total junkie of legal non-prescription drugs Alcohol;Tobacco;coffee.

Recently I decide to try replace them all with cocaine but it was just a joke because all it was going to do was add a new ingrediant to my junkieness.

What I am saying is that I think this is going to be harder than I am willing to realise. And I would appreciate some advice on what to expect. ]
For example, I think we can get me through the first 30 days. But I only mean alcohol. and I know I can fall back in two seconds any second for the rest of my life.
Should I join AA? There is even an english gringo AA here in Floripa.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:10 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Getting back to my original title above, and I write this just for the sake of Google and people who search for simiilar cases to themselves:

I know I can stop drinking. Sometimes I wake up and there is absolutely no shakes or nothing after a 3 day binge and I think, "What did you do this time you can wake up and feel absolutely no withdrawal?"
But the last month if I dont have alcohol in my blood I get crazy itching all over my body. The first few times it went away after the first day. But the last two times it was longer, 48-72 hours.
I have googled everywhere for this and didnt actually find a proper answer.
So hopefully some doctor of medicine will know some things can be done regarding nutrition to solve it. I would rather call a true doctor a NUTritionist BECAUSE 90% of diseases can be avoided with nutrition.
You understand why they do not teach nutrition to medical doctors? that would be bad for their industry wouldn~t it, lose 90% of their future clients.......

My biggest problem is the one beer.

Also, does anyone think I should just quit everything together same day? I am in good location and position in life to quit without any stresses around me or anything.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:24 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nightswimming View Post
For me a glass of wine could be a glass of wine or it could end up being 2 bottles chased by half a bottle of vodka. Always a magical mystery tour that I never wanted to end.....

Tried moderation so many times over the past few years and I would be kidding myself to say it worked even for a short time.
Ok that is me basically, same thing. I would get false confidence too from those times where it was just one beer or glass of wine...If there was no beer and only wine then I would drink that. But part of my alcoholism has been to be around beer supply always. Like a narcissist personality disorder person is always organising their next narcissist supply I think the same way I was always avoiding situations where I would be unable to buy MORE BEER.
So if someone invited me to some beautiful lagoon for 3 days I would unconsiously not accept the invitiation because I would think, "They are going to bring some beers and then we will drink them and then I wont be able to jump in the car without driving for 3 hours to find some more..." -
It gets worse and worse and worse.

The reason I am here is because I have at least realised that it gets worse and worse and worse. And the best way to put a stop to it FOR CERTAIN so you dont have to ever worry about it again nor think about it, nor manage it is this right? TOTAL CESSASSATION and oh boy you are going to suffer so much, yuour circulation is going to get better, more sexual partners are going to find you attractive, you will be thinking far faster an
d better, you will be far more tranquil and feel in throughout your entire body and you will be saying to yourself, "I never realised I could get so high off an apple"

And then what happens to me? ONE BEER.
ONE BEER and its ON I am gone again.

HOW DO I UNDERSTAND THIS BETRAYAL TO MINE OWN SELF? Its like the devil is it. Maybe I need to focus on believing in God and the Devil more.
And the person who offers me a beer? Is he working for the Devil?
Why not just decide that I hate alcohol. They did it in the 1920-30s in the US didnt they? You think those legislators just had a conspiracy to make a killing with bootleg or actually had decided they hated alcohol like it was of the devil and then bootleg was the unforeseen consequence of it?
I can assure you that the bankruptcy of the USA was not the unforeseen consequence of the inauguration of the Federal Reserve Act 1913.
Happy anniversy to your 100 years of financial slavery to all the Americans on this forum. kkkkkkkk
Old 01-07-2014, 09:59 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Imabuleva View Post

You make a really good point. Like, so, you go out and dont drink anymore and you see alot of people around drinking and then that feeling of you are not being part of it all and relax and that little brain tells you to go get a beer so you are part of the crowd relaxing and look at all these people they can drink but dont have a problem with drinking? In fact, most of them DO have a problem with drinking and are hiding it. How do we know most of them do have a problem with drinking? Second to smoking it is the number one killer in the world. It kills everybody.
Its rubbish, there is nothing good about it other than for cleaning your bench-tops with 99% pure poisonous alcohol

Thats the point.

If there was a referendum about putting warning labels on 50% of the surface of all alcohol products sold I got to say that I would vote YES. We could save so many youth from falling into this trap. I am sure I could write some very powerful messages to them on the back of beer bottles.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:16 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I love the nature of your post. We have to own our strength and be able to be in a tempting situation, and rationally choose the better path. Well said, thanks!
Old 01-07-2014, 10:17 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

You made another good point in same above too. They dont realise that they are the cure to their own disease.

I do insist too the disease is a psyuchological/social/ego one. Doesnt know how to be a man;woman in the city without the drinking. Or imagine a farm boy all his mates have a tradition go down the pub on friday night and drink until they pass out or the police come and almost throw them all in prison or worse. That farm boy, if he really wants to stop drinking he has his best chance by literally packing up and leaving that town right?
You see its not just the drinking.
But back to me - I dont have any of those dynamics. Most of my drinking I do alone on the laptop. About 99% of it is alone on the internet.
So my problem is my traitor brain in those moments where someone offers me a beer when I am out, I then go home and finish it off with 1000 more.

I am not worried about quitting. It never was hard, I can go days without it without missing it, without thinking about it. But then comes days ahead I start feeling so straight, so clean, my brain starts running so fast (I have IQ 152) that I just feel so clean and fast I have to drown it or I go crazy and manic.