Notices

Failed on New Years!!!!!

Old 01-02-2014, 09:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Failed on New Years!!!!!

I have completely wrecked my family... OK not completely! I have been self-employed and due to my inability to concentrate after years of drinking lost all my clients. I will have to have a IID in my car WHEN I can get a license which is... at least 9 months away from now.

I have no income and my family is so mad because I drank on New Years.. I go to a 2 week court mandated program with no ability to see my family for the 2 weeks.

I need help feeling grateful... I do have 2 great kids 10 and 13 a husband who is staying with me but.. not so much fun.. However, I do have some friends. Some really great ones..but they aren't close to me and I can't drive so I need help and I can't really pay people at the moment.

Trying to keep our house... I don't know how this happened... I got in a cycle.

Wisdom of it could be worse isn't helping... Feeling really low at the moment..

I just lost it on New Years, My work all ran out while sober and I can't drive now for interviews nor are people calling.. Arghhhhh...
Old 01-02-2014, 09:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey JTTM, you hang in there. I wish I could say something to make you feel better, but I honestly just don't know what to say. Take it one day at a time, it will get easier.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by JTTM View Post
I have completely wrecked my family...
Your situation is tough. Nothing will get better with continued drinking, though. I know you know that. But that knowledge in itself isn't enough to make an alcoholic quit.

You had recommendations to seek out an AA meeting. Did you? Can you see you need all the help that you can muster? Do whatever it takes to get and stay sober, you should have some success and see changes in the other parts of your life.

Good luck.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The only thing I can say for certain is that your life can only get better if you stop the cycle and realise what alcohol is doing to your life. Try to take some positives from the people on here who have gone through similar things to you but managed to turn it around. All the best
Old 01-02-2014, 10:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
mas

Sorry i am new to this sight and thought i was replying to another person. Things can only get better, you realizing that you need to make a change is the best first step you can make .
Old 01-02-2014, 10:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
mas

It is my first day deciding to quit drinking.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good Luck

I am going to meetings and it does help... It just really hurt me...
Old 01-02-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Your situation is tough. Nothing will get better with continued drinking, though. I know you know that. But that knowledge in itself isn't enough to make an alcoholic quit.

You had recommendations to seek out an AA meeting. Did you? Can you see you need all the help that you can muster? Do whatever it takes to get and stay sober, you should have some success and see changes in the other parts of your life.

Good luck.
I have been going.. Arghhh... Hugs
Old 01-02-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I didn't have anything like that happen to me, but one thing I made sure I did every single time was write down what I learned from the slip up/relapse. What triggered you to drink? Was it sheer addiction or was there a party you could have skipped out on? I detailed that a few weeks ago when I was surprised to see alcohol at an all night event that I should have just left and let people be mad at me. But I didn't. I got drunk. So the next day, I wrote it down.

I'm a chronic relapser, and have bad addiction issues with pretty much anything that's possible to be addicted to, and that was one thing that has gotten me to 11 days sober today. I know it sounds very recent and not a reason to brag, but five was my previous record.

I think if you learn from it, realize "what's done is done" and move on, you can still fix all of this. That's the positive. Did you wake up and think "X made me drink" (x being a situation)? I did. And it got me nowhere. So if you can identify what triggered you do that, there's always a positive to knowing that trigger beforehand and avoiding it tomorrow.

Sorry for the long winded post.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope this can be your last day one.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Mr B

All you can do at this time is go hour by hour and day by day! I would recommend sticking with this site lot of great people here with a lot of great advise! 2nd I would try some meetings if you can get to them I know it's hard without a license but that's one thing I've found through the fellowship is if you have the will to stop drinking they will help out in anyway! Including picking you up to go to meetings!

Keep your head up and things do get better if you can leave the drink down! I know myself personally nothing good comes out of drinking as I am powerless over it!

Wish you well!

Dave
Old 01-02-2014, 11:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the advice

Old 01-02-2014, 11:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Mr B

Hi Jttm, remember your not alone I this!!! We all have been In your shoes one way or another!!! That's what helps me a lot is hearing other people stories to see I'm not alone and things do get better!

Hang in there!
Old 01-02-2014, 11:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I have been going.. Arghhh... Hugs
Great. Next, a sponsor and the steps.

Don't dwell on your despair or the guilt you have. Move on. Work on staying sober.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:46 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
mas

Thumbs up getting there

It has been 19 days today without drinking. I am finding it easier to keep with people that encourage me for not drinking. I work out more which is fun. I cannot say that i do not think about it but only think about it if i go to a restaurant.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I will have to have a IID in my car WHEN I can get a license which is... at least 9 months away from now.
DUI before my last DUI I also had a IID
forgot what they were called (I called it my blow machine)
pretty embarrassing because back then I was single and dating
hard to the Ladies how great you are
when blowing into a machine so as to get your car started

then this last time I lost my license for a couple of years
rode a motorized bicycle around town -- 22 MPH max

a friend of mine in the Program just got his 4th DUI in ten years
things do get even rougher if we keep drinking
hopefully you will stay sober now
and bring no more wreckage of the past upon yourself

still attending AA today with 6 years sober -- it's helped me a lot
if nothing else
seeing newcomers come in all beat up reminds me of where I wish not to return