Notices

A potentially odd request

Old 12-29-2013, 12:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

In the end, the reason you want to cry is inside you. You want to cry it away, which is natural and can be very healing. Odds are you'll have let it out afterward.

I don't think you need to look for external triggers. Hit the source for your need to cry inside you head on and let it out.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Dear Rusty, the movie The Green Mile is a tear jerker for me.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
Hachi: A Dog's Tale, and My Life As A Dog.
I'll check those out too, thanks.

Speaking of foreign films I finally got around to watching the Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest last night. Such a great trio of films.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thepatman View Post
I'm such a geek, I even cry at my sons cartoons sometimes. he he!
Definitely a geek here - and proud of it
Old 12-29-2013, 12:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jmd003 View Post
In the end, the reason you want to cry is inside you. You want to cry it away, which is natural and can be very healing. Odds are you'll have let it out afterward.

I don't think you need to look for external triggers. Hit the source for your need to cry inside you head on and let it out.
The couple weeks before I went to detox it didn't take much. And it usually did make me feel better. Unfortunately I've been feeling pretty numb since got back
Old 12-29-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Well, of all those suggestions I would have to go with Hachi: A Dog's Tale......based on a true story & I sobbed. I wasn't looking for a good cry today, but "thanks" I guess it won't hurt. Take it easy RustyLug.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:56 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hachi: A Dog's Tale, stars Richard Gere... came out in 2009

It is based on a true story and get the kleenex ready, it is guaranteed to leave the toughest, hard arsed psychopath in a blubbering mess.
Not only that this is a seriously fabulous movie, if you go on the IMDB ranking site and read the reviews and comments you think OK I am ready for this, I know what's going to happen, but no, I cried like a baby for ages, tears streaming down my face, I look around everyones crying....its a must see movie.

Oops, I didn't read all the way up, a few suggesting 'Hachi'. I hope you see it and enjoy it.

Last edited by Notimetoloose; 12-29-2013 at 01:01 PM. Reason: reat posting
Old 12-29-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Biutiful - it has English subtitles and stars Javier Bardem. I cried throughout and openly sobbed at the end - I don't think a movie has ever affected me like that one. It is on netflix.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:22 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Ditto on
Biutiful - it has English subtitles and stars Javier Bardem. I cried throughout and openly sobbed at the end - I don't think a movie has ever affected me like that one. It is on netflix.
That is one of my favourite movies....how good is Javier Bardem in this movie. extraordinary performance.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hachi: A Dog's Tale
I'm watching the Green Mile right now, but but gonna check out Hachi afferwards. It's even free on amazon prime.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

youtube "[YT]the window- a christmas story, George Jones "he stopped loving her today", and watch a marathon (like I did yesterday) of Pitbulls and Parolees on Animal Planet. I think I've found "a calling" to raise money for all types of animal rescues after yesterdays cryfest! BTW, I really did feel better after letting the flood gates open :-)
Old 12-29-2013, 03:23 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Watch the movie Rachael Getting Married. It always makes me bawl my eyes out and the main character is in recovery.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:07 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

This brought tears to my eyes, and I am a dog person too. When he says, "I'm not talkin to you", tears were in my eyes.... click the link, I promise you won't be disappointed.

Punk'd Puppy - YouTube
Old 12-29-2013, 06:47 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Suggestion, Hachi: A Dog's Tale, I watched this one night and my husband was walking by the room I was in and ran in to see why I was crying.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:06 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Notimetoloose View Post
Ditto on That is one of my favourite movies....how good is Javier Bardem in this movie. extraordinary performance.
I had like an emotional breakdown watching it. I love him!
Old 12-30-2013, 02:52 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RustyLugnut View Post
The couple weeks before I went to detox it didn't take much. And it usually did make me feel better. Unfortunately I've been feeling pretty numb since got back
Give it some time instead of forcing it. I've read about a lot of people's experiences now and all sorts of feelings come up for a while. Or they don't, like in your case. The feelings numb will pass.

Let the healing happen instead of forcing it.

If you do feel the need to find something that helps you cry, go for what are triggers for you. Maybe re-watch things that used to make you cry in the past. Or simply try a lot of different things.

Does it need to be visual? Or is there a book, music, other things, that do the trick?

Also, does it need to be triggered by something sad? I cry about sad things, but much more about things like heroism in movies or on the news. I think it's beautiful. Other things as well, they're so beautiful they make me cry.

Sometimes it's even an ambulance rushing by, sirens and all. And I realize that those people are giving everything to rush someone in need to safety. And though it's a sad situation, it's so beautiful to me what people do for each other.

Or sometimes music. If it's not the lyrics, the sheer genius of it can trigger tears in me.

I hope this gives you some ideas.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:55 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mikie9 View Post
This brought tears to my eyes, and I am a dog person too. When he says, "I'm not talkin to you", tears were in my eyes.... click the link, I promise you won't be disappointed.

Punk'd Puppy - YouTube
Different people different reactions. This one had me laughing out loud. "I'm not talking to you", was my favorite part too.

I can imagine how it would bring tears to your eyes though. If you consider and notice the connection and love between them. That hit something in me as well.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Elvis Presley - Old Shep (with lyrics) - YouTube

ELVIS PRESLEY - Don't Cry Daddy (1970) - YouTube
Old 12-30-2013, 09:36 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Magsie

Bambi
Old 12-30-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Beaches Beaches (1988) - Full Movie - YouTube