Notices

Christmas 2013

Old 12-23-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

This is my first sober Christmas since I was about 12. I'm in my mid-50s now. I hope to have 25 years ahead of me clean, sober, and sane. Thank you for your post ... it hit deep.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I wish the best for you and yours. Merry Christmas.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I feel richer for having read those beautiful feelings you shared. I'm sorry for the melancholy this time of year often brings - I feel it too. We are blessed to have you here - I hope you will enjoy your Christmas in whatever way you can.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:06 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Wow.. Thank you for sharing such a elegant, thoughtful and inspirational post for us all. Hope you have a Merry Christmas.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:11 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

My heartfelt thank for all your good wishes. May your path always be upwards and may the sun shine on you...And may your hearts find peace.

W.
Old 12-25-2013, 04:39 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thank you for your post. May you and yours have a healthy Holiday season. I'm approaching your age bracket and would like to purchase a ticket the other way but must accept the things I cannot change. You brought my memory back to the 12 cent Sat. matinee and the peace before the internet and cell phones. Yesterday at a meeting a friend was commenting on what I said and referred to me as his "old fa.t friend." I still miss so many of the old timers of the 70s yet am grateful for today.

BE WELL
Old 12-25-2013, 05:28 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

wpainter - what a blessing to wake on Christmas morning and read your beautiful post.

Your courage, strength and wisdom are my three most treasured presents this day.

May you continue to shine and share your knowledge with others who walk this path.

Thank you for making my day
Old 12-25-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Wonderful post!! My grandfather is 89 years old, and he always says "If I knew I was going to be around this long, I would have taken better care of myself!" . I love that you're finding beauty in what seems the simple things in life, if only more of us stopped and paid attention too. Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thank you and Merry Christmas. I too am trying to learn to live with loneliness…….feeling comfortable within my own skin….not feeling the need to busy myself. Your post resonates with me……..I have 7 dogs, so especially love the part about seeing the love in your dog's eyes
Old 12-25-2013, 06:48 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thank you, wpainter....tears in my eyes....blessings to you and yours....
Old 12-25-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Beautiful post.
Congratulations on 25 years of sobriety, that is awesome!
Old 01-01-2014, 05:26 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pondlady View Post
Thank you and Merry Christmas. I too am trying to learn to live with loneliness…….feeling comfortable within my own skin….not feeling the need to busy myself. Your post resonates with me……..I have 7 dogs, so especially love the part about seeing the love in your dog's eyes
Yes, it's there, in the dog's eyes. Love and trust. If you see that and if you see or hear beautiful things, sunsets, music, poetry or just a hand reaching out and someone saying, "Yes, I understand!" then at times one feels a kinship with something quite different, something "there", felt but unseen. And for those who suffer it's as if someone might say, "It's going to be all right. Just hang in there, never give up. There is a way out of this...."

W.