Notices

Given up giving up and now,.......giving up.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

lifetplant
I lost my mom in June, I sympathize and I understand your anger and loneliness at having reached out and then not having any response. Please don't give up. Give people a second chance. My sympathy at the loss of your mom.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:53 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Lifetplant - your letters are incredible. What amazing generosity of spirit for you to ask your Dad to welcome that man. Its truely beautiful. I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mum. I can't imagine anything worse and understand how you must feel so alone. I'm really sorry you are struggling. I also lost most of my friends through drinking and feel alone most of the time, so understand that feeling. However you are not alone, we are here. If you need an ear please let me know, I'll be thinking of you today. *hugs*
Old 12-21-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey LT

I think you're reading way too much into this no response thing.

You posted long after I'd gone to bed for one thing...for another - this is the busiest time of the year here. There's a lot of desperate people and a lot of threads...a new post can end up on page 3 within a few hours..

We're a great little community here but sometimes posts slip through the cracks.
It's easy to get lost in the rush.

I really - strongly - recommend that if you (or anyone else) has something you want urgent feedback on, start a new thread

people sometimes see an old thread and they think oh I've posted on that...I've done it myself.

so, anyway, the idea that this is in anyway personal is just...not right.

You're a much loved and cared for member here

if you need help please call one of these numbers:

Suicide Line Phone 1300 651 251

Lifeline Services - Lifeline | Crisis Support and Suicide Prevention phone 13 11 14

Salvos Care Line
24 hr counselling- 1300 36 36 22

Let us know you're ok.

D
Old 12-21-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

How do ypu feel today, Lifetplant?
Old 12-21-2013, 03:42 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

LP you know you are loved and cared for in the March thread, and as soon as you posted there you got responses, even though, as you say we all seem to be dealing with individual losses and problems just now.
You know that there is always some one here for you, but not always immediately. You can always go to the chat room ,where any time day or night there is usually one or two folk looking to talk.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi folks, i'm here. I haven't slept much, two hours perhaps.............I did what the majority of alkies do. I played victim. Yesterdays news was a blow, I admit, I don't think i've felt that low in my life. There was a complete confliction of emotions going on. I was angry that I couldn't honour justice, have my time in court, embarrassed at this thought given my own personal actions and now criminal record, sad for me, sad for this man, sad for his family and, living on the other side of the world, I was lonely, I was feeling abandoned................mostly I was just feeling broken.

You are so right Dee, I have never met one of you, yet I truly feel so very loved here. Yesterday was a dark day, today is a new one. It's been raining but it's been hot. That fresh smell, it brings out the Eucalyptus, one of my favourite smells. I am going to pour the remaining beer carcasses in my fridge down the sink, take a nice walk along the beach and i'm going to breath and be thankful that I am here, I have a life and I still have a chance to really make a go of it................and of course........I have all of you. Thank you.

LP x
Old 12-21-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're ok J.
enjoy the day

D
Old 12-21-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Toots, our messages have crossed over. I am thinking of you at this extremely difficult time. Thank you for taking the time to post to me but i'm okay, just spent twelve hours of self absorbing. I really hope the next few days can go as easily as they can in this situation for yourself, Mr Toots and all family. Sending thoughts your way. xx
Old 12-21-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi Lifeplant, I read your post late last night and I was exhausted to exhausted to respond.
I didnt see it as a cry for help and I am so sorry.

I marvelled at your articulation and forgiveness and resilience.

I noticed you are in Melbourne and I am in Sydney and thought about all you must be going through and you are so close, just down there in Melbourne.
My heart went out to you, I thought about the huge loss and the waste of precious lives...the trauma and sadness...I am so sorry for your loss.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hello LP . I'm very sorry I didn't see your original post. I would never ignore someone who was hurting and reaching out.

I'd like to repeat what others said - you are loved and cared about here. We are all in this together. I was so glad to read your decision to pour the beer out. You sound a bit more hopeful too. You can rise above the terrible things that have happened. We are with you.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi Lifeplant;
I'm very sorry about your Mum's passing.
It is hard to feel that kind of pain, especially when we
are used to numbing it with alcohol.

I sobbed for hours when my mom died and we were
not on the best of terms due to her alcoholism,
but your mother is your mother and the one that
gave birth to you and wiped your bottom and loved
your drooling baby self and that is a hard moment
when you know you won't see them again here.

I'm sending you a virtual hug and please take care of yourself.
The pounding sadness will soften and the good memories of her
will be with you always.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:47 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

J my love and thoughts are with you.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:56 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I posted on your other thread before I saw this one.

Hang in there...don't give up. Glad you started this newer thread so it stands out.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:05 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I am here with you.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:06 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for your loss and the pain you are experiencing. I truly hope that you find healthy ways to process and heal.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:00 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi lifetplant , i am so sorry for your loss .
I couldn't imagine losing both parents .
I just want you to know you are very much loved .

Your letter to your Dad made me cry , it was so beautifully worded and i really felt it. He would be so proud of you .

Its tragic what has happened to your Mum , it really is . Do you have siblings or cousins , friends you are close to ?

Why don't you visit our limerick room as you have such a way with words. It doesn't have to be a limerick , it can be a poem , a letter or just words .

Sometimes when you write things down as you did with your letter it can be quite cathartic .

We would love to have you in there .xxx ;-))))?xx

************** hugs }}}}}}}

Old 12-21-2013, 11:08 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I cant paste the thread here :/ sorry i cant find it , could someone please help if you know how . Much appreciated thank you xx
Old 12-21-2013, 11:29 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-5-a-7.html

D

Last edited by Dee74; 12-21-2013 at 11:56 PM.