Notices

This one time I woke up with....

Old 12-21-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I woke up with a black eye that I didn't know how I got. I would rather wake up with a black eye every morning over the regrets I have chained around my neck.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
SeaScape

I woke up with self-loathing. It has stood right over me and stared me down right after my eyes pop open - awake! not rested, but awake. Such self-loathing I have experienced never before until I started drinking too much. It's as ugly as a trashed house, broken relationship, or vomit.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

oh man, these remind me. More than a few times i woke up with the house full of smoke and a pot of burnt noodles on the stove. over and over. its a wonder how i never burnt the house down.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Woke up with my back cut and bruised after a quiet night at home alone with no recollection of falling.

Woke up without my dignity on too many occasions after drunken one night stands - still makes me cringe now.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happyperson View Post
Also, I've woken up in a house that wasn't mine, with a cat in the bed with me. I don't own a cat...

The house was a friend's house who was away for a while and he'd given me the keys so I could take care of things. It's a few blocks from where I live.

I started drinking at home and apparently walked there, petted a cat that followed me in and woke up in that house. With a cat. I don't even remember leaving my own house.
I have woke up more than a few times with a stange cat in my bed to..so regretful.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

So many mornings I would wake to the horror of sent texts, emails, FB pages...

So many mornings I woke with mysterious bruises on my body, a sprained foot, a black eye, throw-up in my bed... uggh...

So many new mornings would lead into so many lost days, months, and years of wasted time.

So many mornings I woke with so much guilt, shame, regret, anxiety, and self-loathing.

I haven't had any of those feelings since being sober.... Sobriety is a gift!
Old 12-21-2013, 03:55 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm sorry if this is gross, but to be really honest, I often found vomit beside my bed which means I must have been at a high risk of choking to death in bed. There were also many times when I had peed either the bed or in the waste basket. My home absolutely stank. It's one of the greatest blessings of sobriety that the terrible smell has gone and I am able to hold down food and go to the toilet properly. Sometimes I convince myself my drinking wasn't that bad but this thread has provided a much needed insight into how awful it was.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:02 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Woke up after flooding my house and with 3rd and 4th degree ( didn't even know there was a 4th) burns on my legs. That was several years ago (I recovered fine physically, must have had a guardian angel looking over me). I stopped drinking after that for a month but never with the thought of stopping forever. Today I made 91 days sober. It's been coming, but I think I've finally accepted that I can't drink ever, that it can, will, kill me, or (god forbid), someone else; or less dramatically, that it will continue to suck all the joy from the rest of my life. That knowledge is hard....but it's also very liberating and so far keeps me mindful when the AV kicks in..
Old 12-21-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Grats on 91 days btw!
Old 12-21-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

In a hospital with tubes in my body. And a lot of what gentlesoul shared. Ugh. I love my sober life. Shameless!
Old 12-21-2013, 05:16 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

This one time I woke up with...

nothing. I didn't drink the night before and I just woke up feeling good and ready for the day. I have been doing that every since

I too have a couple of stories, but they don't matter other than being on a list of why I don't drink lol
Old 12-21-2013, 05:37 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Grass and pebble imprints on my face from 'resting' in Union Square in San Francisco while walking to get a Hotel room, I decided to take a 'nap' in the park for several hours. Duh!
Old 12-21-2013, 07:37 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I'll just share a few
cigarette burns in my couch and cigarette butts in my pockets or under the pillow
Wet pants and/or a wet bed from urinating in my alcoholic coma
The worst? The sound of a Maglite on my car window after I ran out of gas and passed out drunk in the driver's seat.
I am really grateful to be sober today!
Old 12-21-2013, 08:00 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

on somebody's couch in a house where nobody spoke English..babies crawling all over me
Old 12-21-2013, 08:03 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
If I had a nickle for every time I woke up in someone else's house with a cat in the bed with me...

lmbo that was to funny! ty

This one time at band camp....
Old 12-21-2013, 08:22 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

One time I woke up on the ground in my backyard with ants stinging me all over.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

A huge hole in my bathroom door and no idea how it got there until I looked down and saw the six inch purple bruise on my hip. I must have flown into the door and not remembered it.

Sent emails that were nasty, inappropriate, and incoherent.

People nudging me on an airplane. I had passed out on the flight and when it landed, no one could wake me up.

My head stuck in a piece of pie

Ugh, these memories are making me cringe and happy to be alive. I could go on and on about all the times that are coming to mind and the fact that I didn't end up seriously hurt or dead still amazes me.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:48 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Sober from 11/19/13-1/18/14

- on a toilet at a stranger's party
- in bed with men I didn't know or remember
- on my bathroom floor with vomit in my hair
- on a shuttle going to the airport in the morning (last thing I remembered it was the night before and I was sitting at a blackjack table)
- on a stranger's couch at a party cuddling with their dalmatian in a room full of people i barely knew

I'm sure there are MANY more, but those stick out in my mind.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:32 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I'm thinking that many don't want to stop drinking because they will miss some of the above "fun" of drinking.

BE WELL
Old 12-22-2013, 03:46 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Upside down in a bush being dragged out by neighbours. Sounds far fetched, I know, but is true. People laugh when I tell them now Some may disagree with that but my humour is something else that keeps me going. I did snigger at a post above about someone with their head in a pie. My dad fell head first into a giant bowl of soup once. It was at a very grand dinner party. They were all being very gentile and regaling amusing anecdotes about their ancestors, when my father shouted. "My Grandfather used to suck ****." sorry :/