Notices

Hi, going through withdrawal

Old 12-15-2013, 06:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi, going through withdrawal

Hello, my name is Viktor and i'm 25 years old. I've never had a relationship with women, except when i went to 1-3 grade, but we were friends. I didn't even notice she had feelings for me until she kissed me. I've never dated a girl since because of my alcoholism and i didn't want a girlfriend to experience that. A nice lady should be treated properly, i manage to help at home (moved home after college), i help my mom and father as good as i can, i love them for their help and treat them properly. So sometimes it's weird when you're a virgin at 25, but a lady shouldn't have to stand a alcoholic. I'm sorry if i offended someone with my graphical language. I'm in day 2 of alcohol withdrawal after a one week bender.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hi, viktor.

are you sober today because you want to stop drinking? there is a LOT of support here. spend some time, look around, feel free to read or post wherever you like.

good luck to you, I hope you can be sober and happy if that is what you want!
Old 12-15-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello Vik. Nice to meet you. Welcome to SR n
Old 12-15-2013, 06:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wehav2day View Post
hi, viktor.

are you sober today because you want to stop drinking? there is a LOT of support here. spend some time, look around, feel free to read or post wherever you like.

good luck to you, I hope you can be sober and happy if that is what you want!
thank you, yes i want this to end. Drinking is bad, i recently had this guy attacked by another guy because he said some unpopular things (we didn't know each other, except i met the guy who said unpopular things before). I did attack the other guy and got a fist hurt with bloody knuckles. I got a bit hurt during the altercation but you don't hurt someone whatever they say. We filed a police report, he was very nice. I know that words can hurt but you don't need to hurt them with fists. I'm sorry for mistakes but when i'm sleep deprived i get extremely tired and tired for me is not good. I make spelling mistakes and grammar mistakes, and thank you Raider for the welcome.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

By the way Vik, being 25 and a virgin is quite honorable. Be proud. When you meet that special person, it will be a gift Sweety.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to SR Vik. It's wonderful to have you join us.

It sounds like drinking has caused you a lot of pain & misery. Maybe you are ready to let go of it. I drank my whole life & finally had to admit it was bringing me nothing but sadness. It was once fun, but those days were never coming back. I hope you'll stay with us and keep posting Vik. I think SR will be a big help to you.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Viktor

I promise you that if you deal with your alcohol problem now, everything else you're worried about will simply fall into place as well, in time.

There's a lot of support and wisdom here - glad you've joined us

D
Old 12-15-2013, 07:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Viktor! Welcome to SR! I have been here for a couple years now and I love it! I have a thread titled Xanax and there is so much wonderful advice on there! Feel free to read and post! There are many people that follow it that may be able to help! Keep your head up! P.s. I am 26 and have over two years clean :-)
Old 12-15-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome, lots of great people here.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
By the way Vik, being 25 and a virgin is quite honorable. Be proud. When you meet that special person, it will be a gift Sweety.
Thank you, that melts my heart. I know that sometimes today that isn't popular, with miley curys and such.

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Welcome to SR Vik. It's wonderful to have you join us.

It sounds like drinking has caused you a lot of pain & misery. Maybe you are ready to let go of it. I drank my whole life & finally had to admit it was bringing me nothing but sadness. It was once fun, but those days were never coming back. I hope you'll stay with us and keep posting Vik. I think SR will be a big help to you.
Ye, i couldn't properly explain the perp to the police, but we got out with no scars, he still shouldn't have done it, attack someone else, but myself, i only attack myself by drinking and isolating myself. I feel the same, it once used to be fun, but now it just brings me sadness.

Dee74 and JennaRose, thanks for the help and love. It's appreciated. As well as all the other advice i've gotten. I love the help i get, it's still hard going through withdrawal, my spelling will probably get even worse through the days/hours.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We can understand you just fine Viktor.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you feel concerned about how you're feeling physically or mentally, do consider seeking medical help, Viktor - detox can be sometimes rough for some of us

D
Old 12-15-2013, 07:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
If you feel concerned about how you're feeling physically or mentally, do consider seeking medical help, Viktor - detox can be sometimes rough for some of us

D
Thanks hevyn. And thank you Dee74 i'm just going through a two week of drinking, two days of withdrawal, but thanks for the concern, the nightmares and such can be quite disturbing. I go through way to often and i hate it, i know other people got more serious problems but it interrupts everything i do.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Viktor. I wish I'd wizened up and stopped drinking when I was 25 years old. Keep reading and posting on SR, it's a great place. You're a good son and that says a lot about you.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome. Detox can be different for everyone but I did have the sleep withdrawals also. It is the worst when you lay in bed and you think you are hearing things that are not there and every little noise makes you jump. I heard big band music playing in my head for a couple of days and that was very weird. It only lasts for a couple of days and then you sleep better. It is hard not going back to the drink because you know that will make you sleep but don't do it. You will feel better soon its worth it.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:36 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome Viktor
Old 12-17-2013, 05:25 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Whiterhino24 View Post
Welcome. Detox can be different for everyone but I did have the sleep withdrawals also. It is the worst when you lay in bed and you think you are hearing things that are not there and every little noise makes you jump. I heard big band music playing in my head for a couple of days and that was very weird. It only lasts for a couple of days and then you sleep better. It is hard not going back to the drink because you know that will make you sleep but don't do it. You will feel better soon its worth it.
Those are the worst things, it takes me about a week after a withdrawal (even after just a one week bender, to get my act together). Just yesterday i thought i kicked the wall in my sleep, and i only slept 3-5 hours because of my withdrawal, but i didn't. And like you i hear music (those i've listened too, melodic death metal, but i'm not a violent man and i dislike some of the lyrics) i sometimes get flashes of things i've seen and that is hard.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:39 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I just hate myself because i'm not a man, a man acts properly and doesn't get drunk and i've once cried while drunk, that is sad,
Old 12-17-2013, 05:42 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Journey to Freedom

Originally Posted by VikHello View Post
I just hate myself because i'm not a man, a man acts properly and doesn't get drunk and i've once cried while drunk, that is sad,
Who says you're not a man? You're here. You're asking for help, you're frustrated and unhappy and out of control. We've all been there, men AND woman. Some of us are still going through what you're going through.

What you are doing takes courage and strength. And if that doesn't make you a man right there...

The biggest advice I can offer to you: Stop hating yourself. Your sobriety depends on it.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LiaAc View Post
Who says you're not a man? You're here. You're asking for help, you're frustrated and unhappy and out of control. We've all been there, men AND woman, and many of us are still there.

What you are doing takes courage and strength. And if that doesn't make you a man right there...
But sometimes i feel like i dislike women because of my sister even though i don't. Someones apperance/gender shouldn't have anything to do with it.I had a extremely mean sister, she would say i laugh wrong, i walk wrong, and i couldn't have my hands in my pockets, i breath to loud. I love my mom and the friend i had as a kid, so i try to judge everyone by their behaviour, a individual is a individual.