Notices

Hi, going through withdrawal

Old 12-17-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome to our family.

Learn to fall back in love with yourself, after that you won't care about what people think if you, including your mean sister.

Best of luck on your journey
Old 12-17-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Journey to Freedom

Originally Posted by VikHello View Post
But sometimes i feel like i dislike women because of my sister even though i don't. Someones apperance/gender shouldn't have anything to do with it.I had a extremely mean sister, she would say i laugh wrong, i walk wrong, and i couldn't have my hands in my pockets, i breath to loud. I love my mom and the friend i had as a kid, so i try to judge everyone by their behaviour, a individual is a individual.
Unfortunately it sounds like the problem lies with your sister, not you.

My Father used to do very much the same thing to me when I was a kid. Eventually I had to just stop caring what he thought, and that's when I found some measure of peace. There is only one person now I care about when it comes to their opinion of me...and that's ME.

Anyway, welcome to SR. You've taken a big step coming here. But in order to get and stay clean, you have to want it for yourself. We can't talk you into it, all we can do is offer support.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! Please do get medical help if the withdrawals get too bad. I'm glad you found us and joined the family.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Welcome Viktor. I was also abused by a sibling, my older brother. He said very mean and demeaning things to me for years of my life. They are the ones with the problem.

There is lots of good help here.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
Welcome Viktor. I was also abused by a sibling, my older brother. He said very mean and demeaning things to me for years of my life. They are the ones with the problem.

There is lots of good help here.
I'm sorry he did that, it sounds like your brother has stopped, has he? (i hope so) My sister keeps it on, unfortunately.