Notices

Day 169 reflections - definite progress

Old 12-05-2013, 11:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 169 reflections - definite progress

I decided to share something. I'm on day 169, so nearing the 6 months mark. For some time now I've had a challenging episode. Not in any craving sense but I think it is paws, some recovery that needs to happen, so I've felt a little bit out for some time. Today is better though.

Yesterday as I was shopping I noticed something interesting. I could walk past the alcohol aisle and within it and the best thing is that seeing all those bottles and cans had no appeal to me. I was almost shocked at this. No fear of them, no desire. Just filth in a glass container (or metal or plastic). This was most uplifting.

The second thing I noticed that I'm starting to get comfortable in places and situtations where previously I'd had a hard time. And the slavery to a routine-like behaviour that often has felt almost automatic... instead of that, I actually become aware of what I used to do in those moments and feel more free to act in versatile and free manner. Don't know if this makes sense but it is thanks to sobriety.

The third thing is the pride and joy of being sober. I don't think peer pressure will be a problem. Anyway, thoughts like these today. Have a nice sober day.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your progress UnixBer.
Glad it's getting a little easier

D
Old 12-06-2013, 03:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have a similar reaction when I go by the liquor isle. It doesn't trigger any cravings most of the time. And the smell of booze reminds me of being sick, not of having fun.