Notices

Newcomer

Old 12-06-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

So, later this afternoon will be Day 7, really no cravings or desire, but again when I primarily drink on the weekend, I really haven't hit my peak situations. Tonight and tomorrow would be the prime situations where in the past I would have a few beers, but not the new me. Yesterday was a bear at work the pressures of everybody needing everything as soon as possible. I could see myself in the past having a beer or two at dinner, but again the disappointment I would have in myself and the disappointment from my family far outweigh the benefits of having a beer.

My real test will be next week, we have a Christmas Party at my in-laws, which includes extended family. When we get together it usually involves plenty of beer, mixed drinks and shots and by the end of the night my wife is driving home and we are fighting. I am excited for next week to come where I really start to see myself in my old situations and how I show myself and my family that my intentions to change are true and not a bunch of talk. I really don't think I need to walk around the party announcing my intentions to quit drinking, I am going address this as my change to healthier living. Many years ago I went on a diet, stopped drinking for 6 months ate very healthy and lost 60 pounds. Over time I did put some of the weight back on, so with this desired change I want to address the weight issue as well so this is another step in my healthy lifestyle.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Journey to Freedom

Hey A, I know you have lots of challenges ahead of you this week like you explained. Just keep up your great attitude and, if you can, come here if you feel weak. Or at least think of those of us who are going through the same thing and are right there with you.

Actions do speak louder than words. Just keep up the great work and you WILL make it through this.