Notices

Made it through work, but

Old 12-06-2013, 12:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made it through work, but

I returned to my bartender job tonight. I was glad to be back to work, but I am going to be honest, it was tough. I only have a little over a month before I move and I can't wait for it to be be over......
Old 12-06-2013, 01:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cc64 View Post
I only have a little over a month before I move and I can't wait for it to be be over......

And it soon will be. That is the good news here. You know you have a start date to a brand new life and a brand new beginning! You have the wonderful opportunity to start fresh.

Just stay focused on staying sober. Make 2014 your year to rock and roll and to experience no more embarrassment, guilt, regret, or shame. You won't if you just don't drink ever again. It is all up to you!
Old 12-06-2013, 05:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You made it through the first night, so now you know you can do it again, that's awesome! Just keep taking it a day at time, just worry about the now. You CAN DO IT!
Old 12-06-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good luck, CC. You can do it!
Old 12-06-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Remember to eat a good meal before starting your shift and have some healthy snacks on hand.
You don't want to be hungry as that will make cravings worse.

You do get to have a new beginning, so think about that when you feel weak.
You are strong enough to do this and it will get easier if you firmly make up your mind
that you will not be drinking alcohol NO MATTER WHAT since AV voice smells doubt.

Hang in there and pocket some tips for a treat. . .
Old 12-06-2013, 06:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You can do this! Just don't drink no matter what.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The only about returning to work that made it rough is that my "episode" last Sunday happened there. So I had to put up with some ribbing from customers about how "funny" I was. None of them know that my binge drinking/blackout included waking up in a motel room sitting on a toilet, vomit everywhere, and holding an empty bottle of sleeping pills. I don't see the need to share that information, so to them, it was entertainment. So now my boss has hired someone to "fill in".....I'm not stupid, she doesn't trust me now, even though my job performance has been great up until last Sunday. I know, I have to reap what I sow, but I am now facing the possibility of having my hours cut at a time when I need the money the most.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by cc64 View Post
The only about returning to work that made it rough is that my "episode" last Sunday happened there. So I had to put up with some ribbing from customers about how "funny" I was. None of them know that my binge drinking/blackout included waking up in a motel room sitting on a toilet, vomit everywhere, and holding an empty bottle of sleeping pills. I don't see the need to share that information, so to them, it was entertainment. So now my boss has hired someone to "fill in".....I'm not stupid, she doesn't trust me now, even though my job performance has been great up until last Sunday. I know, I have to reap what I sow, but I am now facing the possibility of having my hours cut at a time when I need the money the most.
Continue to show up for work sober and stay that way during your shift. The booze is for the customers, and the pills are for the toilet. You no longer have any control over the outcome of your efforts. Just stay sober. Your boss is going to do what he's going to do, and you may need to make some unwanted adjustments. The important thing is to stay sober through it all. You don't want a repeat performance of last Sunday, which was serious schit.