Notices

Back again

Old 12-03-2013, 12:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back again

Trying to do this again as the booze has my life much more screwed up than ever. In my 40's now and booze has always been a crutch for me since high school. But it was manageable and didn't cause two many problems and I never hit a bottom. In the past 2 years since I last posted, I've gotten married and had a child and one would think that those responsibilities would be enough to keep you straight, but it hasn't worked that way for me. Just more reasons to be drunk all the time.

Now I'm separated, in financial ruin and in danger of losing everything important to me. My health is suffering and I'm so tired of it all. I have depression (it runs in my family and we have lost 2 family members to it) and I'm just stuck in a vicious cycle. There are no meetings or really any kind of support groups or psychologists in my area (remote region of Philippines..I'm an expat), so I need to do this online. Hopefully we can all do this together..thanks for reading.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back

I was stuck in a vicious cycle too.

The way to break that cycle is to take drinking off the table as an option.

However rough that might be at times, that's the way forward.

I can't express in words the freedom you'll find when you turn your back on drinking

You don't have to do this alone - use the support you'll find here

D
Old 12-03-2013, 01:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back, the Forum the is great for support in those tough times
Old 12-03-2013, 02:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I never really thought about it this way, but Dee brings up a great point: Booze has to be off the table as an option. Running back to the bottle every time we have a problem prevents us from learning healthy ways to deal with life.

Even if there's no recovery community there you have us! SR is only a mouse click away.

I drank like a fish for well over 25 years. Finally at age 43 I reached the end of my rope and decided to get off the ride. It's been 13 months (to the day!) since I took my last drink and I can't begin to tell you how much better things are now.

If I can do it, so can you! My method has been AVRT and SR. AVRT really gave me the tools to deal with cravings and recognize the addictive voice and how it was running my life.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Just keep posting. At least you want to do something about it and are amongst friends x
Old 12-03-2013, 08:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by DreamBig42 View Post
Trying to do this again as the booze has my life much more screwed up than ever. In my 40's now and booze has always been a crutch for me since high school. But it was manageable and didn't cause two many problems and I never hit a bottom. In the past 2 years since I last posted, I've gotten married and had a child and one would think that those responsibilities would be enough to keep you straight, but it hasn't worked that way for me. Just more reasons to be drunk all the time.

Now I'm separated, in financial ruin and in danger of losing everything important to me. My health is suffering and I'm so tired of it all. I have depression (it runs in my family and we have lost 2 family members to it) and I'm just stuck in a vicious cycle. There are no meetings or really any kind of support groups or psychologists in my area (remote region of Philippines..I'm an expat), so I need to do this online. Hopefully we can all do this together..thanks for reading.
Sorry to read about all your troubles, DreamBig42.

Achieving sobriety is not something I'd recommend doing alone. If accessing help means changing your daily routine, traveling long distances, or spending money that you'd ordinarily spend on alcohol or other "luxuries," I strongly recommend that you do whatever it takes.

For me, the harder I worked for my sobriety the stronger and more precious it became.