Notices

Begin Again

Old 12-02-2013, 07:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
begin again

Question Begin Again

Wow, so I have been sober 3.5months well until tonight: ( For some reason the addict I trotted so hard to fight in my brain popped back in the pest few days. Thankfully I stop poured at 2.5 drinks but I feel like such a failure. I am determined not to let this slip become a relapse but I am so so so scared. I feel so alone and drowning in thoughts. Any advice would be great!

Old 12-02-2013, 07:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What's your program of recovery? Make a plan and follow through with the plan. Play the tape in your head about where the drink will take you. When I play the tape in my head about where drinking takes me it is never anywhere good. Best of luck!
Old 12-02-2013, 08:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Strength.
It is good that you stopped the drinking. The only thing that you can do from here is continue on with being sober. There is no need to turn this into a full blown relapse. You are not a failure. Sobriety is not the easiest thing in the world, but it is also not the hardest. Keep walking forward. Give it your all.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by strength2win View Post
Wow, so I have been sober 3.5months well until tonight: ( For some reason the addict I trotted so hard to fight in my brain popped back in the pest few days. Thankfully I stop poured at 2.5 drinks but I feel like such a failure. I am determined not to let this slip become a relapse but I am so so so scared. I feel so alone and drowning in thoughts. Any advice would be great!
oh no! can you get the booze out of your house? make s plan and keep it. you can do this. you don't want to drink.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
begin again

Red face

Thank you for replying. I stopped drinking tonight bc I realized where that next drink was going to take me. I felt out of control and realized that I hated that feeling which I use trip love. There is no alcohol in the house. How can I utilize this website to it's fullest for my sobriety? I use to and AA but I don't agree with everything there so my husband suggested a online group. Are there any special features of this site in should know about? Again I am truly grateful for your replies.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You can't go back you can only go forward...so keep going strength to win your doing great 3.5 months is brilliant x
Old 12-03-2013, 01:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

advice is tough to give, but for me when that alcoholic voice try's
creeping in I think of loved ones, something funny, exercise or call a close friend who does not use to see if they want to hang!!

Hang in there!!!!
Old 12-03-2013, 01:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Strengthtowin

This is a place of great support. Some of our members are using AA, some use other recovery groups - some of us just use the support here.

How you use SR is entirely up to you,. but personally I recommend you join our Class of December support thread here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-2013-a-5.html

D
Old 12-03-2013, 02:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I suggest reading and posting here often especially in times of cravings!!! SR has been my main recovery tool. It gives you a place where you are the norm and not the exception! We can all relate to each other no matter what our background is!

Use this slip and the disgust that arose to drive you forward!
Old 12-03-2013, 04:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you for replying. I use to and AA but I don't agree with everything there so my husband suggested a online group. Are there any special features of this site in should know about? Again I am truly grateful for your replies.

Hi. I hope you can proceed down your sober path without any more interruptions. Perhaps you can profit from this bump.

Even after many years and things about AA I don't like, it's saved mine and millions of butts. For instance in +30 years of sobriety I've never been to church tho I do have a higher power, I don't like the way some meetings are run so I go to others, some people I don't like so I pay attention to those I do. I found that I needed to be honest about my drinking to myself and not to pick up the first drink.

BE WELL
Old 12-03-2013, 09:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
begin again

Cool

Feeling positive today, yet shakey. I know I can get sober again bc I did it before. I also slipped so that weighs on my mind. I am so grateful I found this site. Thank you all for encouraging me especially at this time of feeling uneasy.