Notices

2 weeks Down the Tube

Old 12-06-2013, 12:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tippy79 View Post
Gonna bite my lip and not give in. I have to. I'm sick of drinking, and the shame and bs that comes with it. It's an ugly lonely place to be, and I want out. It's been so long since I've lived a life without alcohol. I'm ready to see life through sober eyes. Just hoping I can pull through and not give in to the excuses.
Hi tippy i did 2 weeks and fell back off the wagon with a few weeks drinking to make up for it. I'm on my 3rd day today and i figure if we can get through Christmas and new year then we can keep going Good luck and i'll be looking for your posts
Old 12-06-2013, 02:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You had a "slip"...but you are back! Good for you! I agree with what others said about having a "plan". These days there are so many options out there....AA, SMART recovery, Rational Recovery, Women for Sobriety and HERE at SR! Post a LOT...check in often...it has really helped me! I was in AA for YEARS (first 8, then 3, then 4)...relapsed in between. Just coming off of 3 years of drinking (again)....so, IMO, a few days is just a blip in the radar I am doing a LOT of SR these days (no AA near me) and it is working great! On day 53 today...YOU CAN DO THIS....hang in there, and don't be too hard on yourself....best wishes...