Notices

Sober bar

Old 11-30-2013, 06:04 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I'd go to a place like that for sure. Great idea. I like the idea of having bands as well, but the sound permits and regulations can get comlpex. I say go for it. I'm in California, so you might see me!
Old 11-30-2013, 06:54 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sillysuzanfree View Post
Where in California? Anywhere near Orange County?
Actually, that's exactly where I'm looking into right now. Are there a lot of aa meetings in your area ? Do you attend any ?
Old 11-30-2013, 07:02 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Fabulous idea. Good food, pool tables, etc. You could have a juice bar of some sort . . .healthy tasty drinks. I wish there was on this side of the states. Absolutely love it!
Old 11-30-2013, 08:14 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I also would stop by for some fun with friends. We like to hang out after a meeting, & coffee shops/diners are good. But, this non/bar sounds fun & exciting!! I live near Pasadena, Ca....or you opening it near here??? Has anyone mentioned the idea of going on the TV show " SHARK TANK"??? BTW we are small biz owners for over 22 years....you can succeed! . Bobbi
Old 11-30-2013, 08:19 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I think that's an excellent idea. I never went to bar because drunks get on my nerves but can play a mean game of pool and would love to do that in a sober environment.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:45 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberHappyHour View Post
Actually, that's exactly where I'm looking into right now. Are there a lot of aa meetings in your area ? Do you attend any ?
There are more aa mtgs in OC than almost anywhere...I go to meetings in Irvine, Costa Mesa and Newport mostly...just go online to google and type in aa mtgs orange county and the schedule will come up!
Old 12-01-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Sounds awesome to me...

I'd drop by
Old 12-01-2013, 10:33 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

my girlfriend too she just said...
Old 12-01-2013, 10:35 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

My husband, who is not sober (and is, in fact, a manager at a popular bar and grill) said he would be thrilled to go with me to a place like the one you are proposing. We love to go out to eat and play games, and bands are always an added bonus.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sillysuzanfree View Post
There are more aa mtgs in OC than almost anywhere...I go to meetings in Irvine, Costa Mesa and Newport mostly...just go online to google and type in aa mtgs orange county and the schedule will come up!
Yea that's what I've heard and is why I'm thinking of that area .. I looked at that info today and Costa Mesa has the most in Orange County. It appears to be located near the center of the oc as well ! Thank you. You should do me a favor and ask some people at those meetings if they would attend this lol
Old 12-01-2013, 02:17 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Live music, jam sessions, open mic nights.
Would I be allowed to dance on the bar? If yes, then count me in for sure.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberHappyHour View Post
Yea that's what I've heard and is why I'm thinking of that area .. I looked at that info today and Costa Mesa has the most in Orange County. It appears to be located near the center of the oc as well ! Thank you. You should do me a favor and ask some people at those meetings if they would attend this lol
I am sure they would...currently the only places to hang out seem to be the "AA clubs" such as the Alano and Newport Clubs in between meetings. While I have seen a big screen TV and coffee bar at the Alano club, the atmosphere there is dreary at best. One question: I do not smoke but many in recovery do...would that be allowed in designated places? (I apologize if this was addressed in another post)
Old 12-01-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks, everyone, for offering your opinions and ideas to the O/P, but we feel this thread has run its course and shall be closed.