Notices

Class Of December 2013

Old 12-07-2013, 09:02 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Well done, 3days. I hope I'll reach that point, at this moment I think a party would be way to risky for me.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:48 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Day 1 today

Day 1 starts today!
Old 12-08-2013, 03:25 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Confession time. Drank 2 bottles of wine on Friday. Stumbled off to bed, passed out and felt like crap in the morning. I still want to be sober. Wasn't sure I was going to keep posting but here I am. Still trying to do this.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:26 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Well , back on day one again with my tail between my legs. So sick of this now
Old 12-08-2013, 04:34 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Heads up Joyousone and Acorn, nobody said this is easy. Its a tough month to start lets be honest, family coming round, parties etc all which usually involve alcohol. There may not of been a proper reason to drink when you did but at least you are both back here admitting your very small mistake and thats a positive in itself.

Start again and keep posting how your doing :-)
Old 12-08-2013, 05:19 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Thanks django. I'm gonna keep on trying. I've done Christmas sober before (best Christmas I ever had) so I'm hoping I can do it again. That's my short term, and at the moment only goal. Everything else can come later
Old 12-08-2013, 05:22 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Day 7 enough said boo yah
Old 12-08-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Day 1 again for me too. Got cocky And thought the work party didn't pose a threat. Ugh. What I've learned is never to relax in sobriety. Head hung low.... Ashamed.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:09 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Keep that head up you didn't fail you were sober for all the time you quit fight, claw, kick and scream your way back you can do it
Old 12-08-2013, 06:09 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Hi All,

Well done and stay strong! If I've learned anything over the past 2 years as an alcoholic, it is to keep coming back to SR. I never thought expressing myself and reading member's posts would be add so much reinforcement to staying sober. Perhaps, I take it for granted sometimes.

I had a tough hour yesterday, yet again. I had to run an errand and in my mind I was, again, battling over "should I or shouldn't I". There were moments when I had made up my mind that (1) night would be ok. And then moments of realization that I new it would be a mistake. I played back all of scenes in my head that would be taking place the next morning. That proved to be a huge factor.

So, after running the errand, I drove by the liquor store. It was like I was landing plane and realizing I was going to crash and having to hit the throttle to get back in the air. Afterwards a feeling of relief came over me. I kid you not.

Well, here's to another day sober to you all and me!

Good-day!
Old 12-08-2013, 06:12 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Babs78756 View Post
Day 1 again for me too. Got cocky And thought the work party didn't pose a threat. Ugh. What I've learned is never to relax in sobriety. Head hung low.... Ashamed.
Forget about it. I know, easy to say, but just let it go. You're here today and you can move on. That is the key!
Old 12-08-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shane35x View Post
Keep that head up you didn't fail you were sober for all the time you quit fight, claw, kick and scream your way back you can do it
That is about the extent of what we all have to do.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:32 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
Thanks django. I'm gonna keep on trying. I've done Christmas sober before (best Christmas I ever had) so I'm hoping I can do it again. That's my short term, and at the moment only goal. Everything else can come later
Keep that memory in your mind Acorn. I will probably post on Christmas day as i'm working, so i can't drink as i'm at work....every cloud people :-)

Hope everyone who had a little set back puts it in the back of their minds. Plenty of water and a good dinner, your be feeling right as rain in no time ;-)
Old 12-08-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Day 1 again. I've spiralled out of control, those one or two glasses of wine easily turn into a bottle. Because I don't trust myself out drinking I have secluded myself from everyone and only drink at home, actually I choose not to go anywhere in case I miss out on drinking time. I have alienated myself from all friends because I am ashamed of my past behaviour. I'm sure my hubby is over it. I know I drink because I'm so bored.

Truth is I am an alcoholic and I need to face it and move forward. I guess I need sobriety to prove to myself that I can be a better person for me, I can't change the past but I can control my future no one is stopping me but myself.

Good luck everyone on their own journeys.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:48 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Wow, This weekend took it's toll on us didn't it. I did drink the wine I bought... do I regret it? Yes. Completely. Day One again for me as well. So frustrating to want something so bad just to have your own mind sabotage you. I'm optimistic though. Next time I'm thinking about drinking, I'll post in the main forum where no one will sugarcoat things and tell me just one is ok! Lol chins up everyone, at least we're here and not cowering in a bottle. I thought about not posting again out of embarrassment, but that wouldn't help anything.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:53 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PinotNOmore View Post
Wow, This weekend took it's toll on us didn't it. I did drink the wine I bought... do I regret it? Yes. Completely. Day One again for me as well. So frustrating to want something so bad just to have your own mind sabotage you. I'm optimistic though. Next time I'm thinking about drinking, I'll post in the main forum where no one will sugarcoat things and tell me just one is ok! Lol chins up everyone, at least we're here and not cowering in a bottle. I thought about not posting again out of embarrassment, but that wouldn't help anything.
There's a main forum?I thought this was it!

Oh well you messed up, there is nobody in the world who hasn't. We've just got to learn how to stop making the same mistake!
Old 12-08-2013, 08:54 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Right now the anxiety is killing me. All my mind wants to do is worry I can't seem to stop it. I know this will pass and it is just my brain chemistry that is screwed up but it sure is hell.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:23 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Django View Post
There's a main forum?I thought this was it!
Thanks Django! And I just mean the newcomers forum, not just this thread. :-)

Acorn, it will pass!! I hate the anxiety factor. Just breathe! :-)
Old 12-08-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Day 9 now over and thankfully another sober bedtime.

Today was rough, not due to cravings but just anxiety and racing mind. I'm looking forward to sleep just to get a break from my thoughts!

I've decided to spend just Xmas day with family and I feel better about that. It would normally be the following night as well and drinking would heavily feature so I'm telling myself just one day and it seems manageable.

Hope you are all doing ok today x
Old 12-08-2013, 02:54 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Morning guys I had a beautiful meeting this morning finally after 10 mths sober 1 slip and truly at 1 with my head and heart acceptance has washed all over me x