Notices

Class Of December 2013

Old 12-02-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Welcome Dec 13er's!
Rochelle- have you thought about giving your hats to shelters or homeless? that would be a great goal to keep you focused and be such a great feeling seeing something you made on someone in need.

to everyone else, I was/am a closet wino, hid bottles everywhere, only had "1 or 2" glasses of wine at parties, I had the never empty glass and made many "trips" to the bathroom. than spent the next few days trying to get hints about what conversations were about or what stupid thing I volunteered for.
SR is a wonderful SAFE place to come and vent, cry, celebrate whatever you need to do to stay sober. And as you read other posts you will see yourself all over the place, its hard to come up with an addictive situation that someone else here hasn't already exerienced. So don't be afraid! You have already made the first step, and I know it is not an easy one to take!
Old 12-02-2013, 07:58 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Ok here goes. I've been reading posts for 6 months now and haven't had the courage to actually join a class. I really want to stop this drinking crap for good. I drink wine (alot of it) almost every day! So day 1 for me. Hi all.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi Class of December!

I was/am in the July class. Had almost 4 months sober, but then blew it over the Thanksgiving holiday. It is something I really regret I am determined to make December my new start. I want to enjoy this holiday season with my 3 year old instead of being hungover and obsessed about drinking every day. No more regrets. We can all do this together
Old 12-02-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Tazzle, yes! We will donate excess hats and scafves that we make. It is new and we are making gifts and a few for ourselves as we learn to do it. But that is the idea. It is inexpensive and fun to do and my daughter and I are enjoying it together as well.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:46 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I'm in for December class. Day 1, and time to give this all I got. We can do it.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hi December class...I've been reading here since July and actually joined the September class. I got some good sober weeks and days in the months of September and October. Gave my AV some ammo to work with that maybe I can manage this beast.

Not going to happen, I'm past that point and tired of the the struggle and obsession alcohol. No horrible events or hangovers, I just want to be free of the beast and the only way I can make that happen is to get it out of my life.

I deserve better and my kids defintely deserve better.

SR is such a wonderful place to find the support for this sober journey.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I've joined so many "Month of" groups but Here I am day 2... Not giving up but I think in the past I didn't try hard enough. Those first few days are easy (or were for me) it's day 4 and on that I really start to go batty.

Anyway, here I am again, not proud but certainly not ashamed. I'm human and I will keep trying
Old 12-02-2013, 10:22 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Happy Monday to everyone!
I'm trying to not think of my slip up over the holiday, and it is hard not to, but I'm trying to use that to my advantage, so I know what to do when my triggers are set off. I've told more people, so I have them to let down as well as myself, if I give in again. Accountability of my word is one step.
This is a new month and a fresh new start.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:10 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Day 3 for me.

I felt like crap on Saturday after drinking what would be a regular amount for me on Friday. I felt scared, realised that I am doing real damage and that this is spiralling out of my control.

I'm not attending AA but I'm really trying to put some work into my recovery by educating myself, filling my time and actively engaging here. I really want my life back.

Good luck to all trying to stay sober today x
Old 12-02-2013, 11:43 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi, I just joined. Have just achieved 24 hours. I am 52 and addicted to alcohol, weed and benzos. First went to AA/NA in 2000s. Then drifted away after being seriously ill (not addiction related AFAIK) Began this latest downward spiral in June and am a car crash right now. Feel like I am in the last chance saloon this time.
Will share more of my story another time. I was always a binge dinker but it has become a regular thing now. Am jittery, anxious, sweaty (with a weird smell) and cannot eat or sleep. Have been reading here today and just got back from GP visit. Keeping myself going with sweet tea. Glad I found this site, so glad
Old 12-02-2013, 12:15 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

hi guys!
me joining this december class, although I'm not really sure how it goes (someone could let me know, please? Just signed in, so.....).
I'm really nervous, also because last week I have the impression i ****** up my new job due to heavy drinking, and tomorrow I have to get back.....

I woud really appreciate any help, hint, clue, or advice you guys can offer...

Thanks a lot to you all for being so supportive and so psitive about the fact that we can do it!!!
Old 12-02-2013, 12:29 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Acuevasal, all you have to do is post in this thread to be a "member" of December, and try to be sober, of course. Or at least want very much to be sober.

Sorry about work. Make a better impression this week!
Old 12-02-2013, 01:01 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

hey, could anyone tell me exactly how this works..?? :P
Sorry, for being this clumsy....
Old 12-02-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to all the newcomers

acuevasal, all you need to do to 'join' is post - you're in

D
Old 12-02-2013, 03:05 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I'm embarrassed to be back on day 2. F! Why can't I get this right?! Why not quit during the busiest social time of the year? Parties, parties, parties... all I need to focus on is waking up without the panic of 'F! What did I say to my boss/friend/stranger last night?'

I'm with y'all.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

No need to be embarrassed Babs. We've all been there

D
Old 12-02-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
dig

hope everyone that has joined is doing well today...
im home from pre-op for the bladder tumour im having removed dec 11 and i had to do something to stop Googling the subject, so I thought i'd drop in and say hello and goodnight to everyone who is battling hard in here this month Zzzzz soon, got my kobo to keep me distracted

another day without booze and it feels sooo good, we can do this together everyone!
Old 12-02-2013, 05:38 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear from you dig
Old 12-02-2013, 06:24 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

With you 2 Babs it feels somewhat embarrassing to keep trying over and over. So far I have gotten to 30 days, 45 days, 60 days, then 9 months. It seems overwhelming to start over time and time again. Hopefully the feeling will fade soon enough though. I enjoyed being sober through the holidays last year. Had one of the best new years days of my life.

Day 2 is in the books..
Old 12-02-2013, 07:15 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Day 5 for me today feeling ok but worriied about days n times il crave a drink badly lile thur night also starting to feel a little empty since I gave up not nice