Notices

Class Of December 2013

Old 12-09-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Day 2, and I'm managing-ish. Had that voice telling me I'm fine and can drink, but fought it and threw out the gin. If I dont leave the flat there isn't really any way I can get alcohol, so I need to focus on that. Going out and buying alcohol will be actual work and effort so I need to stop myself putting on trousers. Thats my goal today- not to not drink, but not to put on trousers. That seems silly but its step one in getting drunk- no trousers, no going out, no going out, no buying booze. Trouser free day.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:48 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

My goal today is not to drink alcohol, to drink plenty of water and go to bed early. I want to create new habits and spend some time looking after myself.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:55 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good plan babybingo! I think I'll do the same, plus watching what I eat cause I've been eating junk lately!
Old 12-09-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

PinotNomore I am going to try to improve my diet too. I think booze brings on a self destructive cycle with me.
Booze=bad food=lack of proper sleep= energy slump= no exercise=feeling low= repeat for days on end.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:39 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,

I have discovered an interesting trend. When I am able to quit and rack up days in row like have I have in the past such as (63), (84), (54), respectively, they have all started on a Wednesday or Thursday. And yet another trend is the works starting last Wednesday. At day (6) and feeling strong. If only I could kick this for good.

Quote of the day “Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.”

Have a great day everyone and stay strong!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

All - I'm not sure if any of you have heard of this movie, Lipstick and Liquor but it is now available to buy, Lipstick & Liquor.

While I have a ton of work to do this week, I'm going to find a way to watch a little bit while 'working away' in my office. Especially, for the moms and women in the forum, I think we'll find a little of ourselves here.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:30 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

I suck! I didn't make it through my weekend. Celebrated my birthday yesterday, first time without my dad around. Ended up in tears most of the night. Back to day one! I am going to do this, can't make excuses, but this year of all years it is a tough one having lost my father and he isn't around to help "inspire" me. Here I go Monday!
Old 12-09-2013, 08:48 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kcbf View Post
I suck! I didn't make it through my weekend. Celebrated my birthday yesterday, first time without my dad around. Ended up in tears most of the night. Back to day one! I am going to do this, can't make excuses, but this year of all years it is a tough one having lost my father and he isn't around to help "inspire" me. Here I go Monday!
Monday's the best day to start anyway as its easier to remember kcbf so no need to worry ;-)
Old 12-09-2013, 09:00 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Day 1 here
Old 12-09-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Not a successful weekend.

Today is day 1 (again). I had a two year sobriety that began on December 9th, 2009 so maybe this is my lucky day.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:43 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

day 3 of my journey hoping to make it a lifetime . today I'm just going to try and stay as busy as possible . maybe tire myself out so I can actually sleep.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Day 2 here. Feeling good about it.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:02 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. Day 2 for me. This has to stick, can't go back anymore. Stay strong guys.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:06 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Confession time for me as well. Day one. Ugh. I was 9 days, until I had some last night. I also seem to go about a week or two and then drink. I am back to it this time, whereas sometimes I let it run for a few days. Throw in the towel on it.

I am learning that when I am sober things are bothering me that did not when I numbed myself. This weekend, those things were making me very stressed and I cracked last night, to chill, and calm down. I was angry and drank *at* my husband. I drank his last 4 beers, in fact. Now he has none, and there are none in the house, which is how I would prefer it in trying to be sober. It won't last long, but I am more mindful with each slip what pushes my buttons.

It is a process, I guess.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:10 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Day two.... time to find a different way to handle AV.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Starting day 3. Had a decent-ish sleep last night, despite reading Beyond the Influence again. This book always scares me.

Just feel impatient, want to get through the weekend, want to start feeling the benefits of sobriety, want to get some real time under my belt. The more time sober I have the harder it is for me to give up as my competitiveness kicks in.

Have a great day.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:26 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

been out ill for a few days. I'll catch up eventually...but for now - welcome to all the newcomers to this thread

D
Old 12-09-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

HALT has really worked for me over the last few days. I try not to allow myself to become hungry, angry, lonely or tired. A large percentage of cravings, when I really try to work out why I'm feeling the need to drink, are as a result of being one of the above. It's one of the SR tips in the link that Dee posted earlier in the thread and it's definitely worth checking out. I keep going back to these tips in the hope that they will stick!

Day 10 coming to a close, into double digits now

Still feel a little off but nothing major. It's amazing how much self-hate you can hold when you're an alcoholic, I disliked myself intensely. Even after just 10 days sober I'm beginining to like me a little bit.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cara39 View Post
HALT has really worked for me over the last few days. I try not to allow myself to become hungry, angry, lonely or tired. A large percentage of cravings, when I really try to work out why I'm feeling the need to drink, are as a result of being one of the above. It's one of the SR tips in the link that Dee posted earlier in the thread and it's definitely worth checking out. I keep going back to these tips in the hope that they will stick!

Day 10 coming to a close, into double digits now

Still feel a little off but nothing major. It's amazing how much self-hate you can hold when you're an alcoholic, I disliked myself intensely. Even after just 10 days sober I'm beginining to like me a little bit.
You are awesome! Liking yourself, even if a little bit is so important. I do not like myself much either. Hang in there, keep going. And, I haven't sent the HALT motto but it makes so much sense. Hunger....leads to anger.....for sure. Then, drinking leads to loneliness and tiredness. That is a good goal...HALT! Thank you for your post.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:26 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Hey guys I just wanted to send my well wishes. I was part of the December 08 group, and continue to live sober every day. It's possible, and it's amazing!! Hang in there, these first few days, weeks, months are so hard.. but the payoff is great.