# 2 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Originally Posted by Lisagw View Post
Just a write a little about myself?
Yeah, go for it x *waves*
Old 11-29-2013, 09:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Lisa.

You just write what you what to share and read what you find interesting.

I am glad you joined us.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, Lisa,

I'm glad you found us.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lisa
Old 11-29-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I did want to write "You just write what you want"
Old 11-29-2013, 09:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

type away Lisa! You are among friends, I promise.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Lisa!! Welcome!!
Old 11-29-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

First, thanks for all the replies, I'm beyond grateful! This is my third attemp at sobriety, and actually the hardest. I have a social anxiety issue, so it's very hard to gather the courage to go into a meeting alone; my son totally supports me when he can, but we have 2 grands: well I do, and one is 19 months, so little difficult for him to go w/ me. Ok sorry I'm rambling.

K here's the main issue, I go to wk at 6:00am- 3:00, so naturally my first drink is at 3:30 or so. Well here where I'm from they don't start meetings till 5:30pm.
But when I'm working (not holiday) I can handle it.

But this wk my boss is paying me to give me a wk to try this at home, w/ my dr blessings and Librium; which takes the edge off, but I get so crazy about 2:30/3:00 (time for my toddy) that all I can do is mix one and then live w the regret.

Finally found a meeting today, b-day meeting, so it really wasn't a meeting that I needed. Look there's just a little more to tell, but I'm afraid I went over my limit. Please forgive me if I did!
Old 11-29-2013, 03:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Lisagw
You can post as much as you like, no problem

SR is really great in that we're open 24/7 - if you're getting antsy just log on, post if you like, or just read around

It really helped me - I know we can help you too

D
Old 11-29-2013, 03:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi again Lisa Keep writing, there is no limit on your post length or number of posts. For me at least, the more I type and share, the more it helps me. There are a lot of smart experienced people here.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's great to meet you Lisa! I think you're going to love being here. We all understand how it is - and we want to help. Glad you found us.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome Lisa! So glad you've joined us. We are all here to help each other out. That is what I like so much about SR - so many intelligent people who understand what I go through with my alcohol addiction. So read and post as much as you like!
Old 11-29-2013, 03:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm new too ... looking forward to getting to know you better ... I am so glad you found us ... don't be shy ... you'll be computer savvy in no time ... and sober as well!!!!
Old 11-29-2013, 03:35 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome, Lisa!
I can so relate to your statement: "K here's the main issue, I go to wk at 6:00am- 3:00, so naturally my first drink is at 3:30 or so. Well here where I'm from they don't start meetings till 5:30pm." That was sooooooo ME! I would be drunk before it was time for a meeting, and never made it! Never did understand why they didn't have any between noon and 5ish. Tried to go to a few before work, but just couldn't do it. I was a teacher for years, and school started at 8:00. If I could just make it until dinner time, I was fine. Never did drink after dinner....but there were nights when I would skip dinner altogether...lol.

Eventually, I did find some 3:00 meetings across town and went to a few of those...but I was already into sobriety at the time. I am not doing AA this time around (45 days today) and have found that SR is a great site. There is also Women for Sobriety, SMART Recovery, and Rational Recovery...sites you might want to explore as well.

Just some thoughts....keep posting...we are all here to help each other! You will find a lot of support here
Old 11-29-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

My son told me today, as I was rocking back and forth on my bed, tryin to read "how it works"; I felt like I was losing it, but he mom u just have to "let go and let God". I've been in love w and a Christian my entire life, but this one concept; I'm just having a heck of a time with. Never had issues w faith b4 ; any suggestions, I'm desperate? Again I'm so grateful for such caring and unselfish people.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Your son is wise

I was always trying to control things - even my drinking was an attempt to control my feelings.

I had to give up being General Manager Of The Universe...I was trying to control stuff I had no hope in controlling.

The serenity pryer is helpful:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference

That wisdom is the key

These days, I do what I reasonably can - then I leave the rest up to God.
It works.

That faith, that letting go, was hard in the beginning, yeah - but He hasn't let me down yet

D
Old 11-29-2013, 05:55 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Yes, I realize he's wise, but literally "how do I begin to "Let go and let God"? I have prayed anywhere from 12 - 25 Xs a day! And yes I realize its not God thats the problem; it's my mindset. Please teach me how to chg my mindset or tell me a book to read. I faithfully read my bible, but maybe not reading the right scriptures!
Old 11-29-2013, 05:59 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Can you describe why you are having trouble letting go? I am not being nosey, really, I just found if I make myself explain my reasons to myself I see something. I have a lot of journal entries that end right in the middle because in the middle of me rambling to myself something clicks and I see the problem. It doesn't make the problem disappear, but gives my mind something to focus on and I learn.

you can't let god, until you let go. It is in that order for a reason
Old 11-29-2013, 06:20 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I'm a non-theist but am following your thread to help if I could. I found a 'sticky' to read that might help you some, at least with the 'letting go' part:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...your-life.html