Notices

Teetering

Old 11-25-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Teetering

168 days sober, purchased 4 pints (cans) today. Sitting in the fridge, have not drank them. Was doing really well for the last month, even said to myself that I felt better than I have in decades, then wife pulled some inappropriate behaviour I found out about last week (I have had to deal with her infidelity in the past and come to find out she has had an inappropriate relationship with yet another coworker now). She is incapable of setting limits with men. I know the alcohol will make it worse for me in the long run, but I can't shake this weeks overwhelming depression. Felt like the rug was pulled out from under me. Just want to feel better and thought I would, but the anxiety is getting worse.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry wizard... I know the thought that the alcohol could take away and numb feelings for a while.... However try to think of what will happen once the alcohol wears off...
*hugs* I'm sorry
Old 11-25-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't drink. I'm sorry about your wife. Drinking won't solve her problem, and it will only add to yours.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Wizard.

I'm sorry for your pain. Noone likes to feel bad, but I really believe drinking will only intensify that pain.
Heck I know it will. Been there.

don't make a bad thing worse, man.

I'm not sure what other support you have besides SR but use everything you have, wizard - you're worth the effort

D
Old 11-25-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey wizard I'm so sorry for your situation . Drinking might make you forget for just a second but only long enough to compound the mess you're already in!!! I had an out of no where craving yesterday and getting on here and posting turned that around!

Don't drink at her! If she can't treat you with the respect and love you deserve you shouldn't join her in hurting you!!!

This phrase helped me yesterday!
"It can't rain forever.... The sun always comes out"
Old 11-25-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You can get through this without drinking! Just imagine how much worse you will feel if you drink!
Old 11-25-2013, 02:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I meant to put this in my last reply. My sponsor told me today, "pain is inevitable in life, but we can choose to suffer."
Old 11-25-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by wizard1969 View Post
168 days sober, purchased 4 pints (cans) today. Sitting in the fridge, have not drank them. Was doing really well for the last month, even said to myself that I felt better than I have in decades, then wife pulled some inappropriate behaviour I found out about last week (I have had to deal with her infidelity in the past and come to find out she has had an inappropriate relationship with yet another coworker now). She is incapable of setting limits with men. I know the alcohol will make it worse for me in the long run, but I can't shake this weeks overwhelming depression. Felt like the rug was pulled out from under me. Just want to feel better and thought I would, but the anxiety is getting worse.
Please dump the pints. Getting drunk will not make her faithful but on the contrary give her even more reasons to run around cheating plus if/ when you file for divorce, she could use it against you.
Please dump the booze! Rooting for you.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm sending you some positive thoughts!
Old 11-25-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

"I'll show her by hurting me" is not a good way to go Wizard. Please don't drink those beers. I know the instant warmth and buzz feels comforting but it doesn't last long -compare that to the awful aftermath that seems to last forever and I think you will make the right decision. Take care.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that, that's really harsh. It's not worth compromising what you've built for the brief comfort it would offer. Hit the gym, hit her coworker, turn the amp up to 10, do whatever you gotta do to get it out of your system, but don't drink.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lets keep the advice responsible.

Please don't hit anyone.
You don't want legal trouble as well....

D
Old 11-25-2013, 02:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi, so sorry you're going through this awful stress.
But you've obviously worked hard at this great stretch of sobriety, please don't throw away your hard work! You may be teetering on the edge; get rid of the weight of those cans, and you will right yourself on stable ground again! Anxiety is horrible, but drinking will only exacerbate it.

Sending you good wishes and strength.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Throw the cans away. A poison that destroys won't make things any better, it will only make everything worse. That is certain.

Inflicting more harm than is already emotionally on... I also had a kind of negative moment when I lost my cat (the death came as a kind of a shocking surprise in a way) but I kept my sobriety. Thankful for that today.

Some things in life, they just are.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

When you drink AT someone, you are only hurting yourself. You know that and I know that if I were you I certainly wouldn't want to be put into a powerless position with someone who is so careless with your feelings. When you have self respect, others can't help but respect you. You don't want to give her an excuse for her narcissistic behavior by demeaning your own behavior.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you can get through this without drinking, and that you can find some peace in your life.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:50 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Checking on you..... don't think I won't be bumping this thread later!
Old 01-02-2014, 11:56 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

207 days sober today. Never drank the beer, wanted to, but did not at the same time. Looks like the smart half of my brain won.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:00 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Your an inspiration. Well done!
Old 01-03-2014, 12:05 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

great stuff wizard

D