Notices

Personality change

Old 11-24-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
EndGame

Hi Mags1.

My recommendation is to offer to go to couples therapy with him, and that if he doesn't go, you'll go on your own.

Whether he goes or not, find someone who works with couples. You'll have someone to talk to who can help you through your struggle. Working with a therapist also helps to mitigate our making impulsive decisions.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

[QUOTE=LadyBlue0527;4309602]
So here's the awesome part of being sober. NOW, when he made a different excuse for not getting together with friends I calmly and rationally got upset and spoke to him about it. He's willing to try because what I have to say is VALID and I now have something that I didn't have when I was drinking. I have the right to be listened to because my requests merit discussion, they are not the words of a belligerent drunk. They are coming from a sober and reasonable person. I LOVE IT. I have MERIT!

QUOTE]

Love it LadyBlue ... I actually have sensible sober adult discussions with him and don't find myself losing them all the time
Old 11-24-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

[QUOTE=LSC1;4310434]
Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 View Post
So here's the awesome part of being sober. NOW, when he made a different excuse for not getting together with friends I calmly and rationally got upset and spoke to him about it. He's willing to try because what I have to say is VALID and I now have something that I didn't have when I was drinking. I have the right to be listened to because my requests merit discussion, they are not the words of a belligerent drunk. They are coming from a sober and reasonable person. I LOVE IT. I have MERIT!

QUOTE]

Love it LadyBlue ... I actually have sensible sober adult discussions with him and don't find myself losing them all the time
I like that