Notices

Pets....

Old 11-22-2013, 02:55 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey AN - have to go out in a tic, but saw your wonderings - have often done so myself.
a very quick Google brought up nothing scientific lol (though there are such studies somewhere I think) - but figured you'd love these stories. I did.

[URL="http://aa.activeboard.com/t32298019/pets/"]

PS saw your bust post too....maybe take the pet stuff directly to heart as a damn good reason no. 1 to a. go easy on yourself and b. get back into the swing.
xxx
Vic

Last edited by bemyself; 11-22-2013 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Insert link won't go 'live'
Old 11-22-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you Vic I'll go check them out. And yes my babies are definitely a damn good reason to get back into it.
Bex xx
Old 11-22-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I adopted my first dog, Susie, when I was 47. She was 10 years old and I only had her for 2 years. Then I adopted my second dog, Ruby. She was 8 and I only had her for 2 years also. I love the idea of adopting senior dogs, but I just couldn't put myself through the pain every 2 years, much less the expense. So the next dog I got, Matt, was only 2 and I've had him for 4 years. He's been great. I also have a pet ball python, and she gives me a neck massage when I'm stressed out.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

These two make me smile everyday. The black and white is a Newfoundland named Palio, the other is a half St. Bernard/half Collie named Trooper. Trooper is the sweetest, most loving creature I have ever met but only to me and my daughter. Love them!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
P & T Car.jpg (53.5 KB, 55 views)
Old 11-22-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Well I guess I have to show off my babies! All were rescued. All were abused.

I can only figure out how to post 1 pic per post so....

Baxter (fox Terrier/Jack Russell mix, he is my husband and my sweetheart. Just love him. (Baxter's previous owner was a cat hoarder. When rescued the woman and 102 cats in her trailer, and Baxter.) He actually picked up so many cat habits, its hysterical.)

Let's see if I can get the pictures to load. Can't wait to see if this works.
BaxterBax 11.1.12.jpg
Old 11-22-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

OMG Lulu - they are utterly gorgeous, and such a fab pic with Trooper tucked neatly into Palio!

Bess and I just this morning at the dog park met a 16 mth old Bermese mountain dog, such a sweet big thundering lump; the park 'members' include a couple of St Bernards, a Newfoundland (also still an [enormous] pup), an Irish wolfhound, and so forth. I adore the giant dogs. Fortunately Bess does too :-)
Old 11-22-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Layla (pit/black lab mix) is our son's dog that we are watching while he is working on a government project in another state. He hated to leave her but no dogs over 50 pounds in corporate housing. But she is my baby- my son might have to fight me to get her back.

(Layla's previous owner threw her out of a moving truck going 65 miles an hour on a busy highway, it is a miracle she survived. She is the BEST dog in the world.
Layla 11.1.12.jpg
Old 11-22-2013, 05:08 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

And last is Bella (Corgie/Shepard mix)- we are keeping her while our daughter is in recovery house. (My husband and I have secretly named her "Chuckie"). We also laugh that she is animal clone of our daughter. She can't sit still, is constantly in trouble, throws tantrums when she doesn't get her way, and is an attention hog....And she is soo cute! (Bella is a puppy mill rescue. She was found in a 2' by 2' cage with 2 other dogs, which is why I am sure she is so "high strung".

BellaUpdatedRepaired.jpg
Old 11-22-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Look to the left. He's probably added five years to my life because of all the walks.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:15 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

We have 3 dogs. One we got as a puppy, the other 2 were rescues. They have their own room with a doggie door and even their own infrared space heater (can't have my fur babies getting cold)! My girl rescue smiles and has this crazy dance she does every time I come home from work. I couldn't imagine a world without pets.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:19 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

My Avatar is "Mister", 6year old Boston Terrier Pit. He's addicted to a cat laser.

Fun thread! Thx!
Zube
Old 11-22-2013, 05:22 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LindaLou View Post
My girl rescue smiles and has this crazy dance she does every time I come home from work. I couldn't imagine a world without pets.
My dog smiles as well, and scares people sometimes before they realize he is smiling. Love his smile!

Old 11-22-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

LuLu- SOOO cute!!! How much does Palio weigh? In the picture she looks huge!
Old 11-22-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Johnston- love the ears! Just like our Bella.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Bemyself- Bess (Bella 2) is just adorable. See the above post for our Bella. (Must be the "in" name for dogs!
Old 11-22-2013, 05:35 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Originally Posted by anyistoomuch View Post
I have a pet rat, a rescue from the local mspca. His name is Jimmy Jingle and he is the sweetest, most loving, and hilarious little guy. He is thrilled that I am no longer drinking because he knows I will give him the chocolate wrappers to sniff and lick.

Pet ratties are the best. They learn their names, they follow you around the house, they want your attention, and they really pick up on your emotions.
Jimmy Jingle is such a cute name!
Old 11-22-2013, 05:35 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I've had a few dogs (one at a time) and I don't think I'd still be around if I didn't have them to help me through the tough times... Currently I've got Moose (labrador in the avatar), Sasha (cat), and Garth (gecko). Love 'em all

Old 11-22-2013, 05:37 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

THANK YOU ALL for posting your stories and pictures, I am so glad this post took off, it brings tears to my eyes to know how much our pets help us every day.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Waaaaahhhhh! I want oneeeee!
Old 11-22-2013, 05:47 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Bella is a popular name for pets in general, I think. We had a ball python named Bella. Unfortunately she escaped and we never found her. If I get my wish she'll turn up one of these days after I move out in the landlord's side of the duplex!!! (They're being ridiculous about every little thing while I'm trying to move out.)