Notices

Day one, becomes day none...maybe?

Old 10-28-2013, 06:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Hi PNM,

You just made me realize that this time through I didn't plan to quit at all. My life was just one disaster after another. Drinking wasn't fun anymore, it was an escape. When I woke up on May 27th and stood in the kitchen I thought to myself "What the hell am I doing?". I reflected on how drinking was so NOT worth it anymore. Who I was and what my life had become. Never mind what everyone else thought of me, I didn't like me. Then I made the decision and never looked back.

The longer you crave and give in and say I'll do this tomorrow the longer you'll put off giving yourself the life you deserve. I can't tell you what you're missing. That's the hardest part, I wish I could.

You have to want this more than you want to drink. You CAN do this.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yea lady! It's impossible to tell someone what they're missing in sobriety! Luckily I spent all of 2012 sober and it was the best year of my life so I know what I'm missing out on. CAN NOT WAIT TO BE BACK THERE!
Old 10-28-2013, 06:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by PinotNOmore View Post
Yea lady! It's impossible to tell someone what they're missing in sobriety! Luckily I spent all of 2012 sober and it was the best year of my life so I know what I'm missing out on.
So what's the hold up eh?
Old 10-28-2013, 06:47 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 View Post
So what's the hold up eh?
Who the heck knows!! Bit my fingernails to shreds today contemplating my next move... Not drinking is involved...
Old 10-28-2013, 06:52 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You're going to do it this time Pinot. There's nothing for you in the bottom of that bottle - it's over.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:02 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PinotNOmore View Post
Luckily I spent all of 2012 sober and it was the best year of my life so I know what I'm missing out on.
How did you do it then? Whatever you did to stay sober then will work now Pinot.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:50 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Pinot

Try to make it all very simple. Break it down to not drinking for one day, hour, 10 minutes at a time. Don't think about not drinking forever, that is a very daunting thought. I could never stay stopped because of the 'forever' thought. Instead just think 'I would not drink today or even I will not drink for the next hour'. Then the time would pass and you can refocus and think again I will not drink for the next [xx] amount of time. Repeat again. Time will gradually accumulate by itself. All you need to focus on is now.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:18 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

So very true Kaneda!