Notices

Too much

Old 10-26-2013, 06:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Too much

It's too much. The lying, the hiding... keeping everyone at arm's length. Planning my life around my drinking. Putting on a fake smile. Finding joy in a bottle while my relationships crumble. Worrying about whether I have enough to get me through the night. Spending all day at work fantasizing about getting wasted as soon as I walk in the door. It's sad.

The last of the whisky went down the drain yesterday. And the thump.thump.thump in my chest of a body that so desperately wants more is deafening. But I can't do it anymore. I've lost too much and I've risked even more. I'm done.

I'm in a position that makes even an anonymous meeting within 30 min or more of my home very risky for me, professionally and personally. So I'll give this website a try, and go from there. I don't have any experience with recovery to contribute, but hopefully that will change with time.

Thanks for reading.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Welcome to SR. You will lots of support and help here.

Yes, I agree, it is too much. I finally got to the point where I couldn't do it anymore.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.

There are many different paths to recovery. Have you looked into AVRT (Rational Recovery)? If you google the website there is a crash course that only takes a few minutes to complete. It is the method I and many others have used.

There are many paths to recovery. If you check out our Alcoholism forum there are some listed at the top of the page. Here is the link:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html
Old 10-26-2013, 06:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Waking Up Sober--priceless

Welcome HiddenS,
I'm sure you'll find plenty of support on the SR forum. I'm at 1 month now and that is 30 year record for me--so I like to think of this place as a magic bullet.
I have not been to any meeting either and before I retired--going to even an anonymous meeting was completely out of the question for professional reasons.
I use several tools--mostly AVRT--that I learned about on this forum and it has really replaced my 'will power', and made staying sober much easier than I ever thought possible.
So post away and be assured the members here will help as much as possible.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome HiddenSinner! Glad you found us.

Very well put about the lying, hiding, obsessing over our next drinking session. I felt exactly that way when I came here. I think you'll find it very helpful to have others to support you & share what you're going through. No one gets it like your fellow alkies - and we are happy to have you here.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR

D
Old 10-26-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
quat

Welcome to sr, you found a great place with tons of support

I came here after too much, had enough, never again, I just didn't know what to do. Someone made mention of RR and AVRT on a post, I googled it and read the material, that was a couple of months ago and I have never been better. The are many paths , that was a great one for me, whichever path we choose , let's just all meet at the same place

Wish you well, stay with it ,it gets better quicker than you think, just stay with it
Old 10-26-2013, 08:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober since March 21, 2013

Welcome to SR HiddenSinner.

You have more experience to contribute than you realize.

Your story reminded me of the reasons I quit drinking, and made me feel thanful for being sober today.

SR has been my only source for recovery. Reading some of the stuff on here is better than any meeting I could attend.

Keep posting, and keep reading, there are a lot of friends, and much support here.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome, Hidden. You are among a lot of people who have been in the very spot you are in. We get it and we are here for you. Read around a lot and post as much as you need!
Old 10-26-2013, 09:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

With sobriety comes so much freedom from the hiding, anxiety, and obsession. It is wonderful. Welcome!
Old 10-27-2013, 03:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR! This is a very supportive site. I'm glad you found us.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome HS to a moment that can lead to undreamed of possibilities. No matter what path chosen they all have certain "requirements." We have to get sober for ourselves, we must be honest about OUR DRINKING and we must really want to stop. For me it was sick and tired of being sick and tired of the same old same old (BS).

I got my eyes opened many years ago when there was only one fellowship available and it's worked for many millions since IF WE WANT IT TO.

I personally hold professionals in high esteem to come forward and do something that's a common problem today. We are all in the same boat trying to stay sober together. BE WELL
Old 10-27-2013, 05:10 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome and wishing you good things with choosing sobriety. There are lots of us here who have been right where you are, scared but knowing we must try life without alcohol.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for the kind words of encouragement. Now 72 hours sober and going strong. I think the worst is over. Here's to another 24!
Old 10-27-2013, 02:58 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

That's great news, HS. Keep it going.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome
Old 10-27-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome, HS! Keep reading and posting. It's worth it
Old 10-27-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hey I am in the same exact boat as HiddenSinner. I have stopped drinking hundreds of times....sometimes for days other times for months. But then I feel better and figure I can have a few.....next thing I know I am right back to my old ways. I am just looking for a structured system that can pull me thru when I get weak. The holidays are coming up...and with everyone over to the house..I am going to get tempted. This long term sobriety is a bitch.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi Crosman! Welcome! SR is great place to find support and ideas for winning your sobriety back. Read around and post as much as you want!

You might want to start a new thread to introduce yourself as your post is kind of hidden in this thread.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Waking Up Sober--priceless

Hang in there Hidden-- it will get easier, just keep your guard up and read as much as possible about different tools available so you are not just relying on will power.