Notices

AV is making me angry today!

Old 10-21-2013, 04:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AV is making me angry today!

I'm on day 78 and have fought the AV voice many times up to this point so I know this will pass but today has been really hard. The good news is I say it has been hard but nothing even close to like it was in the first month. I had a horrible day at work and it triggered "the beast" that is following me around daily doing pushups. I seriously just got home and went in my room and punched my mattress until I couldn't move my arms. Somedays I really wish I could physically see and get ahold of that stupid voice because I would beat the crap out of it.....
Just need a "good job" "this too shall pass" from my SR group. You all are my therapy and don't know how I would get through times like this without you.

Tomorrow will be a better day and I will wake up and enjoy it sober. Thank you for letting me vent.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You're doing great! This too shall pass.
Tomorrow WILL be better, keep going, don't give up on yourself, you can do this, you've already proven you can. Stay strong. Let us know how you're going tomorrow because we care.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I had a good day but I kept hearing "wouldnt a drink be great?" 'Nope sorry. I dont drink" AV is a bad telemarketer. Just keeping hanging up. You are doing great!
Old 10-21-2013, 05:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

78 days! Wow, you are well on your way to a healthier, happier life. Don't let alcohol take that away from you. Think how proud you will feel when you wake up sober tomorrow and ready to take on the day. Posting here was a step towards success, you have it in you to beat this monster ACH32!
Old 10-21-2013, 06:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Anger and alcohol is always the ugliest of combinations - think of so many precious, innocent children that get to watch that ugly combination play itself out. Be proud and protect your 78 days and your precious inner child, Ach!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hang on. It will get better. The longer you're sober, the fainter that voice gets. Trust me. This will pass and you'll come out of it stronger and still sober.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

When you realize that the AV can't do anything, it loses its ability to make you afraid of it. It is ALL TALK, NO ACTION! It is a barking dog that has no more teeth. The AV beastie becomes powerless the instant you stop fearing it.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Keep yourself busy doing tasks that are healthy until AV fades...each time you get stronger and stronger
Old 10-21-2013, 07:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I've just had a massive slip after a few months of sobriety. Don't let anger do it to you.

I had horrible experience at work last week that I believe contributed to it. Not that it's an excuse, I just forgot how much danger anger can put us in. The worst thing is I think it was a delayed response, so I was off guard which I need to be aware of in future.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Old 10-21-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

wow great accomplishment!!! keep it up!!! so happy you will wake up sober!!
Old 10-22-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you to everyone I woke up sober today and feeling much better. I had another bad day at work where I confronted my manager and let some built up anger out. I thought after another emotional, stress filled day I would have to come home and face the AV beast again. Good news is I'm emotionally tired but didn't have any desire to drink. I CALL THAT A VICTORY! Take that you stupid beast!
Old 10-22-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congratulations!